Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Got my stock ii idpa ssp legal

vixty

Himarax,

I did have an empty mag in the gun. I was using a plastic recoil rod, and grips. However I was looking at the previous edition of the idpa rule book which didn't have the heavy/cone barrel clause making it illegal. I don't see why they just can't go to only weight. After all, its the shooter, not the gun that wins a match.

Himarax,

I did have an empty mag in the gun. I was using a plastic recoil rod, and grips. However I was looking at the previous edition of the idpa rule book which didn't have the heavy/cone barrel clause making it illegal. I don't see why they just can't go to only weight. After all, its the shooter, not the gun that wins a match.

Could be other gun companies don't like getting beat and thus put barriers in place?

Actually, I think a better gun can improve a skilled person's performance. Won't turn a schlub like me into a winner, sadly.

We have some guys in our club running limited pro's too, all in ESP though. I was told (by someone that works on them) that for some reason, the frames can have a significant variance in length, so some will fit and some won't. I find that hard to believe in these days of digital machining, but hey, I assume he knows what he's talking about and it seems to be borne out by the varying stories about fitting in the box. He also told me that he can make it fit quickly.

I'm probably going to go that way...as soon as I can get approval from the big boss.