Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the revolver shooters?

1911Prof

I don't think L10 will go away because of all the people in the Communist States.

I've heard Mike speak about L10 several times and he always says that is was a division created to solve a problem that no longer exists ... it's pretty obvious what he plans to do when he talks like that ....

Not so simple though right? he will need majority of the board to go along with that decision to make it happen. Anyone have any idea if there is BOD support for removing it? I heard the podcasts too, he clearly wants to kill L10 and would probably kill revolver if he thought he could get it done but he also said based on sitting in on bod meetings that it is very clear the BOD is loathe to taking anything away from the membership.

I think the rules or bylaws or something say they can only make one division change every 2 years?

That 1 change will be the presumptive addition of carry optics/prod I would assume, but it will be a new el prez an partially new BOD making that vote which mike seems to also have disdain for so who knows.

I am troubled by this post. I don't believe Mike Foley has ever said one word that suggests he would favor eliminating Revolver Division.

That's fair, I never said it was a direct statement, it's just what I think which is worth nothing.

I'm voting for Mike in any case.

I personally don't believe any divisions including l10 will be eliminated.

If you want to hear directly from Mike Foley how he views Revolver Division, the discussion starts at roughtly 59:00 in this podcast: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXNJZz2IhKA

(Spoiler: Mike is our friend, and strongly supports the future of the revolver in USPSA competition.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not going to spearhead eliminating any divisions. I am obviously a fan of revolver. I hear a lot of loud voices wanting to ditch L10. Then I hear a lot of people in certain areas defend L10 as well.

If anyone else on the BOD brings up division elimination, or enough members ask for it to be brought, I personally wouldn't vote for it, and would attempt to table the discussion until such time that we could hear from all of the membership, analyze all of the division participation numbers for matches where activity fees were paid to the org, including the nationals, and then present the data to the BOD and vote.

I clearly understand all of the points of view, and to eliminate something with a revenue stream and member service attached to it for people who aren't utilizing it and are not inconvenienced by it makes no sense in any business model, for-profit, or non-profit.

USPSA has 99 problems, divisions ain't one! In the grand scheme of things, the priority on this discussion is well below getting our collective $%&^ together as an organization. There, you heard it from me. Feel free to share. Please be careful to respect Brian's no politics rule. Thanks.

Edited by MikeFoley

USPSA has 99 problems, divisions ain't one! In the grand scheme of things, the priority on this discussion is well below getting our collective $%&^ together as an organization.

Now, ain't that the truth!

I am not going to spearhead eliminating any divisions. I am obviously a fan of revolver. I hear a lot of loud voices wanting to ditch L10. Then I hear a lot of people in certain areas defend L10 as well.

If anyone else on the BOD brings up division elimination, or enough members ask for it to be brought, I personally wouldn't vote for it, and would attempt to table the discussion until such time that we could hear from all of the membership, analyze all of the division participation numbers for matches where activity fees were paid to the org, including the nationals, and then present the data to the BOD and vote.

I clearly understand all of the points of view, and to eliminate something with a revenue stream and member service attached to it for people who aren't utilizing it and are not inconvenienced by it makes no sense in any business model, for-profit, or non-profit.

USPSA has 99 problems, divisions ain't one! In the grand scheme of things, the priority on this discussion is well below getting our collective $%&^ together as an organization. There, you heard it from me. Feel free to share. Please be careful to respect Brian's no politics rule. Thanks.

Thanks for setting record straight Mike.