Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 40 MOS 10mm

3djedi

I think this is a long slide glock 24 size pistol, correct? Is it possible to shoot .40 SW out of a 10mm glock? I think this would make for a great limited gun. Plus, you could run long loads like an 2011 since the chamber is longer for the 10mm. right?

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g40gen4mos

This article says it is possible but I was wondering what you all thought.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/06/jeremy-s/40-in-a-10mm-glock/

Boy, that is a long son of a gun. I have the Glock 20 gen 4 10mm. Added a KKM .40s&w conversion barrel to it and with a simple barrel switch, I'm shooting .40 out of the 10mm pistol using the original 10mm mags. I don't see a Glock 40 conversion barrel on the KKM site, but it would be cool of they did offer one. I see it is .01" wider then the G20 and the G20 feels wide already compared to a G34/G17. Having a 10mm option comes in handy when hiking out in the woods.

Boy, that is a long son of a gun. I have the Glock 20 gen 4 10mm. Added a KKM .40s&w conversion barrel to it and with a simple barrel switch, I'm shooting .40 out of the 10mm pistol using the original 10mm mags. I don't see a Glock 40 conversion barrel on the KKM site, but it would be cool of they did offer one. I see it is .01" wider then the G20 and the G20 feels wide already compared to a G34/G17. Having a 10mm option comes in handy when hiking out in the woods.

In the article above he says you can shoot .40 right out of the 10mm barrel. Did you ever try it?

I'm currently shooting a Glock 24 in limited, if I stay with the Glock platform, I am considering picking up the 40 MOS to have as a backup for that gun since the 24s are harder to find and it adds the option of a 10mm for backwoods carry.

After shooting the 24 exclusively for awhile I really noticed the difference in sight radius picking up a 34/35

I found one for sale. $750

Is the diameter of the 10mm barrel the same as a .40 barrel? (outside diameter). Wondering if you could put a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel so I could use it for 10mm, 40, and 9mm. For hunting pigs, limited, and steel challenge

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Is the diameter of the 10mm barrel the same as a .40 barrel? (outside diameter). Wondering if you could put a 40 to 9mm conversion barrel so I could use it for 10mm, 40, and 9mm. For hunting pigs, limited, and steel challenge

The problem would be making a 9mm magazine the dimensions of a 10 magazine Edited by ron169

The problem would be making a 9mm magazine the dimensions of a 10 magazine
Oh yeah. Didn't think about that.

The problem would be making a 9mm magazine the dimensions of a 10 magazine
Oh yeah. Didn't think about that.

It has been done, think someone converted a 10 to a 38 super a while back. Have to Google search it though

In theory one could, in a pinch, shoot .40 in a 10mm barrel. You are however banking on the gods of the extractor tension and praying that you get under the claw with every round stripped off the magazine. If not the shorter case will ride forward in the chamber and fail to fire as it headspaces off the case mouth. We could go on and talk about accuracy issues with the longer jump across the chamber to the rifling, but that is boring. I'd call up lone wolf and have them make a conversion barrel for all my desired calibers.

So I've been doing some research and found lone wolf dist makes conversion barrels that will fit the glock 40. They have one for .40, 357 sig, 38 super, and 9mm. Price is only $94.

Is the glock 40 grip thicker or fatter than a glock 35? (meaning the larger diameter)

Are the magazines bigger than the 9mm/40 mags? If so, wondering how could run 9mm through the glock 40...

Yes, the Glock 40 has a larger grip diameter than that of a 35.

The mags are also larger than the 9/40 mags, so I am unsure what/how you could run a 9mm conversion barrel and have properly functioning mags. It will be interesting to see if there is something we are missing

I got to handle one at Cabela's yesterday. The grip is definitely a little bigger but not bad. The magazines are just like a .40 mag but more depth to handle the longer 10mm case. So you can definitely load long .40SW in there. Would make for a pretty nice limited gun I think. As for the 9mm conversion, I don't no what you would do for mags......

• 2 weeks later...

I won a Glock Cert off a prize table and I'll check if I can upgrade it to a MOS model for an extra charge. I normally shoot G34 in SSP, ESP, Production and Limited Minor and like the Glock platform. I was thinking of the G40 MOS 10mm with a .40s&w conversion barrel to use for Limited Major. So, this week I'll confirm with Glock if I can trade up, if Lone Wolf or KKM makes the conversion BBL, iif I can get extended basepads and if anyone makes a maxwell. I have a Glock 20 gen4 (with KKM .40 conversion barrel). I imagine the G40 grip would be identifical which is a little large for my preference. Anyone know if the G24 has the same or smaller grip then a G20 gen4? Anybody know if any other enhancements to do? I imagine any weight that can be added would be good.

• 2 weeks later...