Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting started with a 929 .356 vs .358

Ty Hamby

Looks like your good on velocity/PF, might be best to adjust the targets to match the POI to get the accuracy checked.

How does it hit standing or prone? A Ransom Rest will hit to a different impact point than either.

With 1911's the 1st shot always printed several inches higher than the rest of the group, has to do with the action seating differently with a hand cycled vs recoil cycled pistol.

I always have to change the Front Sight to a higher one on Smith Revolvers. On 1911's I always have to go to a shorter than normal.

• 1 month later...

I copied Gregg and bought the wrench myself. I figured I would come in handy forever.

Went back and shot the same load again.

160gn. BBI .358
2.8 gn. VV N310

1.20" OAL
Starline Short Colt.
Fed SSP

I also ran
130gn BBI .356
3.8 gn. VV320
1.10 OAL (CZ SP01 OAL)

Mixed range brass 9mm

Fed SSP

and

147gn Xtreme plated
3.4gn Universal Clays
1.125 OAL (pet load for IDPA/USPSA for years)

mixed range brass 9mm
Fed SSP

Well the results are in.

the 160's finished on top. 1.625 30yd group.

the 130's made same power (130+PF) with an inch larger group. 2.3" group
the 147's shot all over the place sideways. Not sure what happened but might shoot again to determine if it was just and anomaly.

I am not done yet. I have another 929 arriving next week (for the mrs.) and I will be testing the same load in twin 929's.

post-21005-0-33103300-1445135555_thumb.j

They were .356 plated. These same projectiles tumble in my 5"m&p with fast powder. I switched to Universal and got great groups in both 5" XD and M&P's. Ran the 147 Universal load for years. Only tried it in the revolver cause it was handy. I may try it again with other powders. But with 10k BBI 160's on hand I want it to work. Hope is that I can cut my 627 cylinders to accept the shortcolts bulged out to 929 specs. So far it's looking good. 1 load for all my gaming revolvers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.kingshooters.com/bullets-bullets-c-566.html has 150 gr rn coated bullets. I have used these before they were coated and had real good luck with them. In fact this weekend I just took all the lube off of the 1000 I had and so far I have coated about 250 using epoxy and powder coat. Now that I checked their site and see they are coating I will just order from them. If you call them they will size to what you want. Edited by revoman