Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cracked slide

Zoomy

Well it happened to me. After 14-15K rounds of .40 S&W my 5" Limited STI slide cracked. And since it cracked through lightening cuts made by the gunsmith the warranty department at STI said it was not covered. That I did not expect since the slide is 11.25 ounces. That's above the 10.5 minimum STI allows.

My gunsmith says he would be able to get them to cover it. I had no idea there are two types of warranties from STI. Anyone have this problem?

Well it happened to me. After 14-15K rounds of .40 S&W my 5" Limited STI slide cracked. And since it cracked through lightening cuts made by the gunsmith the warranty department at STI said it was not covered. That I did not expect since the slide is 11.25 ounces. That's above the 10.5 minimum STI allows.

My gunsmith says he would be able to get them to cover it. I had no idea there are two types of warranties from STI. Anyone have this problem?

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Where did you find that information? The 10.5 minimun.

Thanks

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks

probably from smiths that work a lot with STI. Matt mentioned a weight limit as well as limits on tri topping, thickness in certain areas etc

I

My gunsmith says he would be able to get them to cover it. I had no idea there are two types of warranties from STI. Anyone have this problem?attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Thanks

I read it in one of the threads here some time ago. I mentioned it to the STI rep when he refused my warranty and he acknowledged it.

That is why it is called racing. Parts do break and I hope that the manufacture will stand behind it for you. Good luck.

Agreed. These are not Sunday drivers. But I have read many accounts where STI replaces cracked slides with only photos of the slide. I was hoping to have the same traetment.

Looks like a camerons custom to me. Kind of an odd spot actually since it's right at the bottom of a decent sized radius. Good luck with a replacement.

I have those same exact cuts on mine. Definitely curious how this will turn out for you. I hope you get it replaced as well.

Looks like a camerons custom to me. Kind of an odd spot actually since it's right at the bottom of a decent sized radius. Good luck with a replacement.

Thanks. I purchased a CK Arms from shooters connection that came in today. I needed something for Area 5 next week and Nationals in October. Several people told me that if I shoot major matches on a regular basis I should have a backup gun not just spare parts. School of hard knocks.

Edited by Zoomy