Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best source for KKM barrel for 9mm Pro L?

Kaldor

Looking at replacing my stock barrel my Pro with a 5" barrel with a KKM.

Did a little looking this AM, and they seem hard to find. Anyone know of a shop that has them in stock at a reasonable price? Or am I best off just calling KKM and ordering direct from them?

It is not KKM but Midway USA has Storm Lake barrels for $150. When I got mine from there they were $129. I am very happy with the accuracy out of mine but it does have a tight chamber. A Udie and Lee FCD makes very good ammo for the barrel.

Called KKM yesterday and ordered one. $175 shipped. Should be here by the weekend.

I have an older 1 dot barrel, Im hoping this will improve accuracy.

Edited by Kaldor

Do people see a increase in accuracy with these after market barrels?

I did, but my 9L was an early model. The KKM barrel definitely improved my groups with factory ammo and reloads. I understand the newer factory barrels have been improved.

Do people see a increase in accuracy with these after market barrels?

I did, but my 9L was an early model. The KKM barrel definitely improved my groups with factory ammo and reloads. I understand the newer factory barrels have been improved.

I expect I will as well. 6-8" groups rested with proven reloads at 50' is not acceptable. I could have went to S&W and had them replace my barrel with the 2 dot version as I have the 1 dot, but elected to go a different route because I dont feel like screwing around with S&W warranty claims on a pistol that is no longer stock.

• 10 months later...

I expect I will as well. 6-8" groups rested with proven reloads at 50' is not acceptable. I could have went to S&W and had them replace my barrel with the 2 dot version as I have the 1 dot, but elected to go a different route because I dont feel like screwing around with S&W warranty claims on a pistol that is no longer stock.

If the KKM doesn't show much improvement, spend an evening fitting the apex semi-drop-in to your gun.

With heavier bullets (I shoot 135s almost exclusively) the gun went from 6+" at 25yd to two inches. Probably less, but I'm not a terrific group shooter to be quite honest. Even given that limitation, the improvement is dramatic.