Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new DVC OPEN 9MM finally arrived

cecil

My DVC is running like "a paper bag in the wind"... no more jams... still using the regular scope mount... presently have about 600 rds thru the pipe .. its a joy to shoot !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cecil, just sent my DVC open back to STI, having the same problems you were having. Zane told me it would be 7 to 10 weeks. It was shooting great until it would jam and also bulging of the brass with a heaver load.

Great to hear these are shooting well. I ordered mine in March of last year. I'm still waiting. It was suppose to come around Nov/Dec. I'm hoping it's taking so long because they are working out all the bugs on the first several months of pistols. :goof:

Edited by IHMSA15151

DieHard56.. sorry to hear of your problems with your DVC.... I know its frustrating.. but STI solved my problem... when I got it back.... I did not have to do anything but shoot it.. it runs 100% now.. and its fun to shoot.. i'll PM you ok ?

I got this email today.

I ordered my DVC 9mm Open piston in November, and was wondering what the wait time was.

Hello Sir,

We are curre3ntly quoting dealers 8 Months on DVC Open Models. We are currently Delivering June Orders so best estimate puts your delivery 5 months from now. We are working daily to shorten these times but these guns are built by hand, one at a time. Thank you for your patience.

STI International

Got my new DVC 9mm open yesterday... went to the range to check it out... shot about 80 rounds of 6.7gr AutoComp 124gr PD HP - 1.16 COL bullets...using a 170mm mag.. without a hiccup.. then I got jam... empty brass got hung up under the scope mount.. lubed the gun & changed to 140mm mag... then shot about 50 more rounds without any jams... so far I like the pistol.. love the grip not too aggressive to be uncomfortable .. will shoot it again this Saturday in a steel match ..

Finally got around to posting pictures of my new STI DVC 9mm Open

What is the status of your gun? I just got mine last Monday, went to the indoor range on Friday and fired about 200 rounds. Had some brass catch during the cycle, figure its bouncing off the c-more mount. I was running it very wet. Fired another 200 rounds on sunday and sighted the dot for 33 feet, loading my 9mm to 1.170 with 7.7grs of Longshot. I had a few more pieces of brass catch while the new bullet was loading. One looked like a stove pipe but the other bullet was already partially in the chamber. The times that it does catch the brass is when I am doing a rapid double tap.

Curious how ours is performing.

If brass is bouncing off the bottom of the CMore mount… I've had good luck using a Dremel and relieving a lot of the aluminum off the bottom of that mount, just above the extraction port.

There is about an eighth of an inch of material that you can radius, that might help.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Got my new DVC 9mm open yesterday... went to the range to check it out... shot about 80 rounds of 6.7gr AutoComp 124gr PD HP - 1.16 COL bullets...using a 170mm mag.. without a hiccup.. then I got jam... empty brass got hung up under the scope mount.. lubed the gun & changed to 140mm mag... then shot about 50 more rounds without any jams... so far I like the pistol.. love the grip not too aggressive to be uncomfortable .. will shoot it again this Saturday in a steel match ..

Finally got around to posting pictures of my new STI DVC 9mm Open

What is the status of your gun? I just got mine last Monday, went to the indoor range on Friday and fired about 200 rounds. Had some brass catch during the cycle, figure its bouncing off the c-more mount. I was running it very wet. Fired another 200 rounds on sunday and sighted the dot for 33 feet, loading my 9mm to 1.170 with 7.7grs of Longshot. I had a few more pieces of brass catch while the new bullet was loading. One looked like a stove pipe but the other bullet was already partially in the chamber. The times that it does catch the brass is when I am doing a rapid double tap.

Curious how ours is performing.

If brass is bouncing off the bottom of the CMore mount I've had good luck using a Dremel and relieving a lot of the aluminum off the bottom of that mount, just above the extraction port.

There is about an eighth of an inch of material that you can radius, that might help.

Can you post a picture of this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If I was having problems with brass hitting the bottom of the mount..i would change mount to a horizontal mount.. that is what I did on my old open gun.. solved all jamming problems..