Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grand Power for Carry Optics

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice!

Do you guys think there is enough room in front of the rear sights to mill the slide for a red dot? I'm thinking the K10 Whisper sights (shown below) would make for a perfect BUIS.

5167e8718e0fe_118.JPG

Yes. There is room. I know for a fact because we just did one. Great for guys who want to run suppressor height sights to co witness with the dot as in your pics.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=221110

Edited by bruceg

Finished my first match shooting the X-cal in carry optics. I WON MY DIVISION!

I was also last place in my division, so yeah...

The dot is definite advantage. I am classified as a B shooter in production and pretty much turn in B level performance on demand. Came in 3rd/46 today behind two limited shooters. Didn't see any M or GM on the roster though.

I will say its loads of fun.

Finished my first match shooting the X-cal in carry optics. I WON MY DIVISION!

I was also last place in my division, so yeah...

The dot is definite advantage. I am classified as a B shooter in production and pretty much turn in B level performance on demand. Came in 3rd/46 today behind two limited shooters. Didn't see any M or GM on the roster though.

I will say its loads of fun.

Third overall? Very impressive, nice shooting!

• 1 month later...

Short update. The FastFire on my gold slide backup gun went down when the protective shield for the emitter fell off in the first 20 rounds. I returned it to Burris. On Friday last week I hit the range for a practice session because I had two matches over the weekend. On round #7 the DeltaPoint shuts off. I get it home, swap the battery,and reinstall. It works for about 3 seconds before it shut down when I torqued it on. I remove it and the thing is just dead. Back to Leupold it goes

So, with my primary AND backup optics both down, its back to production!

Different guns. One X-cal with the mount Kingmans sells (rock solid btw, although I replaced the mounting screw with a different one), the other is a K100 I had cut and colored by primary machine. Budget build for fun. Came out to less than $700 for the gun, optic, and work on it.

Short update. The FastFire on my gold slide backup gun went down when the protective shield for the emitter fell off in the first 20 rounds. I returned it to Burris. On Friday last week I hit the range for a practice session because I had two matches over the weekend. On round #7 the DeltaPoint shuts off. I get it home, swap the battery,and reinstall. It works for about 3 seconds before it shut down when I torqued it on. I remove it and the thing is just dead. Back to Leupold it goes

We (wife and I) are using Doctor Sights and do not have a problem. Between the two we much have about 5-6000 rounds and not one issue (the sound of me knocking on wood can be heard in the distance). Dean at Doctor USA is a Major 9 Open shooting and has over 100,000 rounds on one so they are good.

Jeez man! Sorry to hear that! Hopefully Burris gets you back up and going soon!

• 3 weeks later...

Got my FastFire back just under two weeks ago. Had a chance to shoot it on the K100 at a local "Monster Match" last weekend and a local classifier match this weekend. Ran flawlessly in both matches. I get what some of the other GP shooters meant when they said the K100 isn't an X-cal. But considering its a stock $300 mk7 I was pretty happy with its performance.

One of the big advantages the dot has been providing is the ability to take tough shots with ease. Crazy partial targets or no shoots and upper A-zones aren't so bad. It also lets me plan stages around being able to make a shot that would otherwise be too risky to attempt.

Got my FastFire back just under two weeks ago. Had a chance to shoot it on the K100 at a local "Monster Match" last weekend and a local classifier match this weekend. Ran flawlessly in both matches. I get what some of the other GP shooters meant when they said the K100 isn't an X-cal. But considering its a stock $300 mk7 I was pretty happy with its performance.

One of the big advantages the dot has been providing is the ability to take tough shots with ease. Crazy partial targets or no shoots and upper A-zones aren't so bad. It also lets me plan stages around being able to make a shot that would otherwise be too risky to attempt.

I'm glad it's all running well for you after the string of bad luck with optics! Edited by bruceg

You can also get some grip tape from traction grips, ( they do the skate tape as well) springer precision uses the jessop skate board tape that's just right. Some stuff is just a little too agressive for me.

King man also had mounts for a slide ride optic... I think that's the best way t do it. that back up sight thing is kind of pointless for USPSA

• 6 months later...