Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optic gun modification?

zhunter

Great question. 21.6 refers to external mods and replacing only with parts from other approved guns. But it says nothing about removing parts which takes you back to it it isn't allowed, it's prohibited.

I see no competitive advantage, and the chance that anyone would be so well versed in "external profile" that they would notice or care is pretty small. Further, this is a provisional division with only level 1 matches available.

the chance that anyone would be so well versed in "external profile" that they would notice or care is pretty small.

If it is illegal, "who would know? you would know".

the chance that anyone would be so well versed in "external profile" that they would notice or care is pretty small.

If it is illegal, "who would know? you would know".

My point is not to encourage something that is clearly against the rules. This one is in a gray area, and all I'm saying it isn't one that is likely to be challenged.

There are other CZ pistols on the list without a lanyard ring. So I could argue that it is legal. He has removed a part and replaced it with one from a pistol without.

Fundamentally this is my issue with production rules. they are quite convoluted and lead to these types of debates. Will a lanyard ring or the lack thereof impact match results?

It's an externally-visible modification, so if there is a removable backstrap available on another Production list gun that does not have that ring, then it would be the same as replacing the original part with the part from the other approved gun. If there is NOT another CZ on the list with a removable backstrap sans ring, then no, you cannot make that modification.

Edited by JAFO

The ring is part of the main spring retainer. It's not part of the backstrap.

The P-07/P-09 main spring retainer is not interchangeable with any of the CZ 75 variants out there.

You either grind it off or you live with it. I have to wonder what possible problem would that little nub create. In thousands of dry and live fire draws with my P-07, I've yet to have that ring create a problem.

You'll be fine with it.

Grinding it off would be an external mod. Is there some version of this from another Production approved gun that will work?

Not sure, but it at some point will mess up a reload.

I've never had that ring get in the way of an incoming magazine and I've done a metric shit ton of live and dry fire mag changes with my P-07.

But whatever places your mind at ease, I suppose.