Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My first DQ

DedOn

I was DQ'd once at a local match for AD. I had finished the stage and was unloading. Touched the trigger before the round was ejected. Everyone was very supportive but I felt horrible. I have never forgotten that feeling and am super observant during unloading now. I know I need to be that way on all safety issues but that particular part of a stage just gets my stomach going. I am sorry I did what I did to get DQ'd but I am glad it had the effect on me that it did.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens and like you said rules are rules. I was DQ'd at my first Lvl2 match Stage 2 for breaking 180 which i still say I didnt but i didnt argue. I took it on the chin and pasted targets and reset steel all day. Just take it as a learning experience and help your squad reset and paste targets and carry on

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Came on here to read cause I had my first dq today doing exactly what the thread starter was taking about. Moving backwards and to my weak hand and had a mag get hung up. After getting it out I was behind the eight ball and coming up on the targets I needed to engage and broke the 180 while trying to reload. At least it was the last stage and I was the third from last shooter. I'm now in the "those that have" group!

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't DQed yet, And I'm hoping I never do. I did have an equip' malfunction that put me out of it for the rest of the match and that's almost as bad as a DQ I would imagine. It was the pits. It was a broken pin on a Gold Cup type rear sight. The rear sight went flying into the snow and was gone.

My buddy got DQed on his first match though. He set himself up for failure with not enough sleep, and a crappy breakfast. But he made up for that with coffee and cigarettes. At the end of a very confusing stage he had to clear and make safe and near as I figure he removed the live round from the chamber w/o removing the magazine first. Then after running the slide forward removed the mag' and dropped the hammer. Instant DQ of course. He's a new shooter and we'd been over all of this stuff on my range I don't know how many times. But he doesn't have it as second nature yet and with his fatigue, stress, and whatever else that day, he just screwed up. The gun WAS pointed in the right direction. That was the only bright spot in his entire SNAFU.

He wasn't happy and he knew he screwed up. On the way home he told me that he was all done. But days later after he had time to think about it decided that he actually needed to shoot comp' more to help control the stress.

At the end of a very confusing stage he had to clear and make safe and near as I figure he removed the live round from the chamber w/o removing the magazine first. Then after running the slide forward removed the mag' and dropped the hammer. Instant DQ of course.

I would have done the exact same thing at the single stack nationals last year if the r.o. had not saved me. I had my excuses (lack of sleep, mad about shooting the stage poorly) but I think there are always excuses.

Anyway, point being that, if clearing the weapon is done as I think it was intended (the shooter and the r.o. both involved) it can save your bacon.

At the end of a very confusing stage he had to clear and make safe and near as I figure he removed the live round from the chamber w/o removing the magazine first. Then after running the slide forward removed the mag' and dropped the hammer. Instant DQ of course.

I would have done the exact same thing at the single stack nationals last year if the r.o. had not saved me. I had my excuses (lack of sleep, mad about shooting the stage poorly) but I think there are always excuses.

Anyway, point being that, if clearing the weapon is done as I think it was intended (the shooter and the r.o. both involved) it can save your bacon.

This why range commands are important. I hate when during ulsc I'm say if finished and the guy is already holstered. I'll make them go back through the commands.

Had mine today. Moving from rifle dump barrel to shotgun stage...tripped over my own shadow. Have it on video still can't tell what happened, guess my brain/body just got ahead of my feet. Went town like a toddler, face first, pistol hit the ground out of holster. Bummer. Pistol full of dirt, bruised ego and red faced. Stayed taped and scored.