Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on an optic: Bushnell elite tactical 1-6.5x

I have both BTR1 and BTR2 Bushnells in SFP. I love them. Clear glass, great reticle. Best scope that's cheaper than the Vortex 1-6 in my opinion.

I would not buy one in FFP though. Like our frosted flake friend above, the reticle is just too small at 1x and not bright enough.

I have this in 1-8.5 FFP. I am not sure if the 1-6.5 FFP one has less bright red dot, but on mine, it works like a red dot at 1x during daylight conditions.

Not sure if this helps, but I have liked the FFP on Leupold and Bushnell series for that reason.

I have this in 1-8.5 FFP. I am not sure if the 1-6.5 FFP one has less bright red dot, but on mine, it works like a red dot at 1x during daylight conditions.

Not sure if this helps, but I have liked the FFP on Leupold and Bushnell series for that reason.

Same here. I have the 1-4 FFP and on 1 power, the entire horseshoe works like a red dot for up close shooting. The battery life on mine is not very good and the illumination is not very bright on sunny days. However, the glass is etched so I can still see it fine on sunny days. I like it and just ordered the 1-6.5 from natchezss.com. I ordered the Vortex Strike Eagle and may get it within the next 5 years. If so, I will see if I like the SFP better....

I have this scope with sfp. It is a great scope! I have looked through a ffp and as others have said, the reticle is useless on 1x. natchez just so happens to have them on sale for $499. Bushnell is discontinuing the btr1 reticle, I believe, according to the people at SWFA. So if you are thinking about it, you might want to act soon.