Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P-09, threaded barrel affect any legalities in competition?

scubadds

I am interested in the p-09, I see they have a factory (edited post to add factory) threaded version..
Any reason not to get the threaded barrel?
I don't recall it not being legal in uspsa etc, but I have not checked carefully into it?

Edited by scubadds

BARRELS: Current rules remain in effect - you may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel which is of the same length, contour and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun. Special Notes/Clarifications: For purposes of this interpretation, a barrel within +/- 0.1” of OFM is “the same length”. Barrels of the same length, contour and caliber but with different crown profiles are authorized..

Being as the threaded barrel is designed for the addition of a suppressor it would not be legal.

Just to clarify, this is a factory gun with a threaded barrel installed; It is not being added or replaced.

I did not see in the rules that "designed for attaching a suppressor"

Is that in the rules? or an interpretation?

So its gonna be a close call on the box.

A uspsa representative replied that it must make weight and the box. And he does not allow thread protectors as it's possible to weight them.

My calculations are its tight with uspsa and like .1 to big for idpa. But that's just adding threaded length to standard and guessing

Just to clarify, this is a factory gun with a threaded barrel installed; It is not being added or replaced.

I did not see in the rules that "designed for attaching a suppressor"

Is that in the rules? or an interpretation?

It is a factory gun that isnt on the approved list. It has it's own SKU and model name. I have no clue as to whether it's legal or not, but that is why I think it isnt.

Edited by jon49erfan

D4 21.3: After-market slides and barrels provided they are the same length, con- tour and caliber as original factory standard.

Threaded is not a standard barrel.

It's not aftermarket....that would be like getting a lone wolf barrel and putting it in a Glock.

This is a factory pistol shipped from cz, sold with it new...

But I see that it does say oem too....just prior to where you copied rule

I guess that it would be on the list as cz p-09 with longer barrel length...and weight if legal

I can try to call cz just to see what they say about adding it....

It's starting to seem like I am going against the grain...not trying to be difficult.

Stuart from cz customs said it fits in his box, guess it needs to be within 2 ounces of non threaded barrel.

I was on the phone with cgw ordering a p-09 and the option of threaded arose....

I decided it worth checking before I paid, so that is why I began asking...prudent think may be to just go non threaded, realistically pistol shooting suppressed is not great with a big heavy can hanging off the front....

But threaded barrels are not easy to find at the moment as cz serial numbers the barrels. They don't like to sell them or make it hard to get ( according to cgw)

Edited by scubadds

Slap a CZC magwell on it and play in Limited! :-) I am also thinking of acquiring a TB P-09, because I really like the way they look with the threaded barrels (installed a TB in my 2014 P-07 just for the cool factor). But I also plan to purchase a standard length replacement barrel for it as well, so I can play in Prod/SSP if I ever have the desire. Best of both galaxies! :-)

It would need to be specifically submitted to NROI in that configuration since the threaded barrel has a different length and contour than the ones that come on the gun currently approved in Production Division.