Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Salient Arms Ludus G17 Tier 1

Cundiff5535

So the other day I came across a Salient G17... I have wanted to try one for the longest time and since I had just sold a 1911 that I had for sale, I had the funds to do it.

I know I have asked in the past, but has anyone tried one of them? I am asking for thoughts (even though Ill soon see for myself). Figured if I didnt like it, I could just resell it. Anyway, I hope it was worth the money:)! I know there are other folks who are more reasonable with less marketing hype, but everything I keep hearing from folks who have them... they really like the guns.

I guess we will see! In the meantime here are a few pics that I have of the thing.

IMG_0689_zpsjsx5y373.jpg

IMG_0690_zpsseop8clq.jpg

Edited by Cundiff5535

So the other day I came across a Salient G17... I have wanted to try one for the longest time and since I had just sold a 1911 that I had for sale, I had the funds to do it.

I know I have asked in the past, but has anyone tried one of them? I am asking for thoughts (even though Ill soon see for myself). Figured if I didnt like it, I could just resell it. Anyway, I hope it was worth the money:)! I know there are other folks who are more reasonable with less marketing hype, but everything I keep hearing from folks who have them... they really like the guns.

I guess we will see! In the meantime here are a few pics that I have of the thing.

IMG_0689_zpsjsx5y373.jpg

IMG_0690_zpsseop8clq.jpg

I have never been a fan of their stippling, I just think for all the money it looks and feels so rushed and plain... That being said, I still love them, and think that their machining is fantastic. The trigger shoe looks really cool... But the actual trigger leaves a bit to be desired... I think the trigger feels very similar to the pyramid trigger system.

When people take Salient slides and have them on Damato, Boresight, SSVI, or Glock Prazision frames... THATS super sexy!!

But all in all, it's an investment, they are fun to shoot, and you get to the the man at the range! Good buy, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wondering how that flat trigger really feels vs stock curve.

I have dry fired a buddies and shot several thousand rounds through the stock trigger. That being said, the flat trigger is really nice. If they sold them without having to send in my frame I would buy one in a heartbeat.

• 3 months later...

Yes it is the Costa model... I'm going to shoot it. I'll let you know how I like it as well

I plan on comparing the salient, a stock g17, a vp9, and a M&p with Apex upgrades...

We will see how it goes!

B

I would expect the VP9 to shoot the best groups.