Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZC TS IPSC Mag Well

nmbpman

have to bevel back top corner for factory wedge pad to seat with CZC magwell.

OK, what about the depth of the mag well with the factory pads, does it make them harder to seat?

I went with the CZUB Czechmate magwell so that I could use the factory baseplates without modifying them.

Where did you pick up a UB magwell? I'v been looking for one.

czusa

looks like their site is down or im having IT issues, but here's the link

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/203047000002_Czechmate-Aluminum-Magwell

Edited by tha1000

I went with the CZUB Czechmate magwell so that I could use the factory baseplates without modifying them.

It looks like it attaches to the gun kind of like the way the Dawson ICE magwells attach to the 2011's, using a pin through the frame, is that correct? Also, that magwell isn't so deep that you can't seat the factory TS mags with the factory base pads?

Thanks for the heads up. I must've scanned over it.

Has anyone ordered from CZ-UB? It looked like shipping would be close to 53$.

I have and it was great minus the shipping cost. Shipping was super fast though

It looks like it attaches to the gun kind of like the way the Dawson ICE magwells attach to the 2011's, using a pin through the frame, is that correct? Also, that magwell isn't so deep that you can't seat the factory TS mags with the factory base pads?

The CZ-UB magwell is held is with a set screw putting tension on the frame. I dont know what the second sentence means but you CAN use factory base pads with the CZ-UB magwell.

Thanks for the heads up. I must've scanned over it.

Has anyone ordered from CZ-UB? It looked like shipping would be close to 53$.

Yeah, I saw them in stock a couple months back and jumped on it. I think it was $93 shipped from CZ USA. I think they are hit or miss on being in stock, but patience will save you some money.

Set screw as mentioned. It doesnt use the same grove as the plastic or czc magwell does. Factory mags work with no modification. Only drawback is that you have to do a lot of filing to shorten up the grips, probably 1/4 inch shorter than with one of the other mag wells.