Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Just and idea for the n310 users

tcazes

just for the guys looking for data out there, i haven't chrono'd yet but i can say this, 135 bayou bullets over 3.0-3.2gr n310 with cci 500 primers out of my rock island 1911 show absolutely no pressure signs what so ever. will update with chrono data when i can. but i can at least, for now, say that there are no pressure signs after 300 rnds all primers look just fine with no cratering, flattening, swelling, etc.

with 2.8-3.4gr n310 under a 147 bayou there are also no pressure issues and are also all over 129pf. 2.8 with a 147 bayou is my current idpa load and shoots so soft that it feels like cheating lol.

i have not quite tried the 124's yet

Edited by tcazes

• 1 month later...

After seeing a few posts here regarding n310 in 9mm I tried 2.8gr under a 147 FP bullet loaded to 1.13 OAL. Averaged 856 FPS/ 125PF out of my XDM 5.25 and was super soft with no pressure signs. Didnt get good accuracy though, may bump it and try again.

Before reading any of the above posts, I just played with 2.8 grains N310/Xtreme 147 9mm in a 4.25 inch M&P. Have not chronoed yet. Mouse Fart recoil (almost like .22LR!), perfect function (cases land 30-36 inches right), nicely rounded primers, and enough accuracy to consistently hit a 8x10 metal plate at 42 yards with same sight setting as my other 147 loads.

Don't know about PF yet, or if I want to push the load higher (only have a pound)... but I do know I may have found my Steel Challenge load. This re-defines the term "Wimp Load." And, at 2.8 grains there oughta be over 2400 loads per pound.

i use berrys 147gr at 1.16 (i think...) and 3.06 gr of N310,..fedspp. Ideally, I am 880-885 fps....130 pf ish. I find the powder sticky,..I don't like the way it meters. Too flaky..I guess that might account for the odd low round.

I use 3.7gr of VVN310 with 124gr xtreme plated round nose bullet and have chronoed twice at 131pf. Once at Double Tap in 98* temp in June and just this month at Production Nationals out of my Tanfo Stock 2.

I use 3.7gr of VVN310 with 124gr xtreme plated round nose bullet and have chronoed twice at 131pf. Once at Double Tap in 98* temp in June and just this month at Production Nationals out of my Tanfo Stock 2.

Thanks right now I use 4.0 of n320 I'll compare the 2.