Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Buying a Cmore

a matt

I saw those deals too. I was shooting limited and didnt know I would jump into open so soon, so I passed. But great for those that got them cause I think that was a once inna blue moon offer, some were $118.00 too. Thanks Open1215.

Ya some where waaay cheap. I got a slide ride and didn't have to cut N drill. They do pop up now and then. Just keep an eye on it there. I believe they stopped selling the Chinese fakes. Perhaps if you put a wtb add here someone who got 2 or 3 on a panic and don't need all of them may sell? Who knows. I think there's a red one for sale here for a good price. Don't know if it's still available but I looked at getting it. Under sti frame and marvel 22lr. Got parted out. I can't recall if the cmore sold.

I just saw on MidwayUSA, They have the std 8moa SlideRide for $229. minus $15.00 promo and free shipping. If you get the "click" @ $27900 you get $25.00 off with free shipping too. Save almost $10.00 over Shooters Connection, but Shooter Conn supports us. Not jut shooting sports. So, it's an option. Like you say I'll keep my eves on Amazon for a while, I'm in no rush, just working to a back up..

Edited by a matt

With the discount at Shooters Connection it will probably be about the same as midway. I use midway for a lot of stuff which is generally not related to USPSA. If Shooter's Connection has what I need they are number one on my list. They support nearly all the matches in my area in one way or another.

Yes sir Sarge, that is the way most USPSA shooters handle ordering parts I think. Shooters Conn gets first chance than anyone except the expensive price gouging, doubling the price on AR's because Obama said no more AR's. NOT DIRT CHEAPER than....get my point. $800 DPMS For $1800 all day long. Sorry about that, yea I'm sure u get it.

Shooters Conmection. Thanks

Edited by a matt

Yes sir Sarge, that is the way most USPSA shooters handle ordering parts I think. Shooters Conn gets first chance than anyone except the expensive price gouging, doubling the price on AR's because Obama said no more AR's. NOT DIRT CHEAPER than....get my point. $800 DPMS For $1800 all day long. Sorry about that, yea I'm sure u get it.

Shooters Conmection. Thanks

Agreed! CTD will never see a dime from me. But anyway...........

I agree. I called them and told them to never mail me a cat again.

I have the SC discount on my act but have not seen a discount yet. However I order from them all the time.

You can get serendipity's cheap on GB. Very easy to convert.

Edited by echotango

I am also a big fan of Shooters Connection and always get great service.

I'm not a fan of CTD, but I certainly support their right to set their own prices. It's a very simple supply/demand issue. I am a builder, in times of high demand and too little available inventory I can charge more for the same spec home than I did/could in more of a buyers market. Nobody ever really knows how long any market cycle, up or down, is going to last. It's up to individual businesses to decide upon and set their own pricing strategy. In some cases, like with CTD, consumers may become offended and choose to not do business with them again. Those are all things a business must weigh. Like it or hate it, this is America and they have the right to do it and have to live with any consequences of their decision.

I am an offended consumer !!!

That's a risk that CTD took when then raised prices so substantially in the face of great demand and possible uncertainty about future availability. If enough consumers feel as you do then it may not have been worthwhile for them in the long run. The free market works, they were free to make a business decision, and you are free to choose who you do business with for reasons of your own.