Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sunday Drivers

WilliamA

It drives me nuts. Here in the Bay area you spend so much time gridlocked in bumper to bumper traffic, when the road is clear it's a crime against nature to get those morons in the left lane going five miles under the limit, forcing traffic to funnel by on the right. I swear I sometimes wish I could take a tire iron to their windshield. It's really bad on I-5 which is a two lane "freeway" speed limit 70 because the trucks block the right lane continuously and so if you get one nervous nellie in a car they cruise in the left lane going 60 mph and block traffic back for miles.

I have always said their should be two different driver's license tests and licenses: one for city streets and one for freeway. Most of these people would fail the latter.

Edited by bountyhunter

Having just returned from a trip down I-65 in Indiana the thing that gets me the most is the unending line of semi's that have to pass one another when they are going 1/2 mph faster. The pass takes 2 and sometimes 3 miles tying up traffic on the mostly 2 lane road. I guess they are just bored!

Taking longer than a 1/2 mile to complete a pass should be a citation.