Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Alpha Shotmax Timer. Any good?

Gdub

I bought one - haven't taken it to the range yet, but for home dry firing, I've used to it set par for myself on draws, mag changes, etc. I got the one with the white background as it is more visible than the one with the black background. I expect it will be just as good if not better for live fire drills.

I've got one and I like it. In fact, I just finished a range session with it. It's especially nice when you are training with friends and you set it to not pick up their shots also. The bluetooth functionality/iPhone app is a little weird, but I suspect that's more user error than bad programming/device.

• 4 weeks later...

elbandito

If you set it to Airsoft sensitivity it picks up the dryfire click (at least on my CZ Shadow). It does help to have the watch on the inside of your wrist (but not absolutely necessary).

I got mine a couple of months ago. I found out that if your left grip is not proper it will not register on the accelerometer, so from this point of view it was a great training tool for me (I have improved my grip).

The spy function is good, even though I have yet to sort out the correct delay for me. either this or I'm way too slow to react after the beep.

Another thing that confuses me is the way to restart the shot timer. I finish a drill and on occasions it continues recording, which given me some crazy times when I start the next recording.

Battery time is OK (could have been better) and charging time is too slow.

The IOs app is very good but a bit tricky to get used to. Once sorted out it works very well. Just don't forget to download after each drill/stage, or times will be overwritten by the next drill/stage.

All in all I find it very good and money well spent.

I've had good experiences with mine, no issue.

Great for practice at home or at the range, as I've used it for live-fire, dry-fire, and airsoft. Very convenient since it is small. The battery lasts pretty well for what I use it for, and it has been easy enough to throw on an USB charge cable in the truck.

As shak mentioned above, the BT and associated apps for it are a bit clunky to set up, but they work well. I set up a bunch of drills and such on there, but don't really use that feature after playing with it for a little while.

Me, too.

I got it mostly for air guns use.

It will pick up the sound of an air gun from quite a distance, no need to be wearing it.

It sure beats trying to time stuff with the par or count down setting of a regular timer.

Edited by g.willikers

I really enjoy mine. Airsoft mode will pick up .22lr rifles that my friends pocket pro 2 timer can't hear. It is a bit of a pain to operate when you are timing yourself with a rifle and trying to hit the start button.

It is a bit of a pain to operate when you are timing yourself with a rifle and trying to hit the start button.

It has Random delay and Fixed Delay that can be programmed to your needs. So I dont understand your problem.

It is a bit of a pain to operate when you are timing yourself with a rifle and trying to hit the start button.

It has Random delay and Fixed Delay that can be programmed to your needs. So I dont understand your problem.

I understand this and use the random delay effectively. I shoot rifles left handed and wear the timer on my left wrist. In order to press the start button I have to reach around the rifle to hit my wrist instead of just dropping my hand down to my belt. Like I said, not a deal breaker by any means but something to consider if you shoot a lot of rifle.