Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which springs for TTI +5 basepads?

grouse

My apologies about that, shoot me a PM with your order info ( name works ) and we'll get you some springs sent out with some extra goodies!

For those on the fence- this is what would make you buy the TTI stuff.

Edited by z40acp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Recently recieved the TTI basepads and springs for the MP and was only able to get 19 into the mag, while speaking with TTI they told me the MP follower has changed which is why im having reduced capacity problems. Their recommendation was to modify the follower.

Does anyone use the factory springs for their TTI basepads?

Has anyone else experienced this reduced capacity proplem? Was it due to the follower or some other reason?

The stock springs won't lock back after several cycles. Every once in a while, with the TTI pads, I get a follower that hangs on the transition. I give it a thump and the next 2 or 4 rounds go in fine. Never a feeding problem.

Recently recieved the TTI basepads and springs for the MP and was only able to get 19 into the mag, while speaking with TTI they told me the MP follower has changed which is why im having reduced capacity problems. Their recommendation was to modify the follower.

Does anyone use the factory springs for their TTI basepads?

Has anyone else experienced this reduced capacity proplem? Was it due to the follower or some other reason?

Round off the lower edges of the follower with sandpaper. Then take a file and bevel the upper part of the basepad (on the inside).

• 2 weeks later...

Taran, just got my "rebate" mags from S&W, and I was looking at adding TTI base pads. How soon are the new style pads going to be available? Or should I just go ahead and order the old style? Big fan, but don't have the scratch to order twice...

New style are actually done, and I've got some black ones currently being anodized. They'll be available by friday.

Taran, just got my "rebate" mags from S&W, and I was looking at adding TTI base pads. How soon are the new style pads going to be available? Or should I just go ahead and order the old style? Big fan, but don't have the scratch to order twice...

New style are actually done, and I've got some black ones currently being anodized. They'll be available by friday.

Sweet! I'll keep an eye out (don't see them yet). Any chance we can get a guinea pig coupon? ;)