Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You think our match ammo is expensive?

and why the heck is 9mm so much more expensive then 38 super?

Brasil is one of those countries where NATO designations for ammo are outlawed. 9mm illegal, .556 illegal, 7.62x51 illegal.

But 38 super, 9x21, 9x23, .223, and .308 are all fine to own for some reason.

Edited by LilBunniFuFu

I get legal vs illegal, but clearly both are offered for sale on that chart, so why is 9mm more expensive then 38 super? Is it that the general supply of one is higher then the other?

Supply and demand, only foreigners and military are shooting 9mm and the military guys get free ammo. Getting ammo into the country is a hassle so it will get sold at that absurd price since the firearm permits have already been applied for.

• 3 weeks later...

surely no where in the world does 50 rounds of 9mm cost $1213 USD. That's nearly $25 a round! I'm guessing it's for 1000 rounds which is still super expensive at $1.21 a round but still believable as match ammo costs go.

I think you'll find the colmeia is packet size. so 50 to a packet/box, 1,000 rounds. Often other countries use . instead of , in quantities etc. I'm sure it's 1000 rounds. still expensive but not insane!

Edited by BeerBaron

wow if the recoil doesn't make me flinch, the price per bang will....

Not just that, locally some shooters have been having many problems with Magtech lately. Bullets not chambering, bang bang poof bang loads. I have a feeling that there with be quite a few issues with ammo and guns at this match.

I'm assuming many shooters will bring their own ammo. Not sure about local shooters though. Can they reload?

Yes they can reload but CBC has a monopoly on all components meaning junk powder and hard primers.