Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

small primer .45acp

lppd4

Who in the #%^ thought it was a good idea to put a small pistol primer in a .45acp? I loaded about 300 rounds on the old 1050 last Saturday and it seemed that I found a Small primered case about every 10 rounds. There is not a good way to remedy the problem if you find it while in the machine. On the positive note I am now inspecting my brass much more closely. I now separate out the small pockets with visual inspection of each case and I find the occasional .40 s&w case or the 9mm case that found its way inside my .45 brass saving me another machine stoppage down the line

You aren't the first to complain. I don't have a 1050 but with my 550 its a pain when you miss one of those little devils. I sort mine out too, but miss one once in a while. Maybe someday all primers will be the same size.

Still nothing. I've been trying this for a year and it wont work for me. I have IE. I wonder if that's the problem.

Outline what you want to Quote/copy with left button, hit right button to copy, hit left button to paste wherever you want to put it.

Firefox

Holly Crap atbarr. I finally got results. Thanks to everyone for their help. This has been driving me nuts. Firefox, sign in, quote, & it was there.
I'm glad that took care of it.

Who in the #%^ thought it was a good idea to put a small pistol primer in a .45acp? I loaded about 300 rounds on the old 1050 last Saturday and it seemed that I found a Small primered case about every 10 rounds. There is not a good way to remedy the problem if you find it while in the machine. On the positive note I am now inspecting my brass much more closely. I now separate out the small pockets with visual inspection of each case and I find the occasional .40 s&w case or the 9mm case that found its way inside my .45 brass saving me another machine stoppage down the line

Who sold you the brass?