Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

A Day in Life of a USPSA Club Match Director

CHA-LEE

Mark how you post results to USPSA without using ezwinscore?

I do the same process as you described up until syncing the results back to the master, then I sync them back to ezwin and upload classifier and match results to uspsa.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark how you post results to USPSA without using ezwinscore?

I do the same process as you described up until syncing the results back to the master, then I sync them back to ezwin and upload classifier and match results to uspsa.

I create the file for USPSA upload on my iPad mini master and email it to myself. Go to View Results page and just under stage results, click on Activity/Classifier Report. Practiscore will create the report and then when reviewing the file, click on the share icon on top right to email, email it to myself. Once I receive it on my laptop or desktop I upload to USPSA like you would do with a generated EZWin file...except this file is generated from Practiscore.

You can also create the webfile if you want to upload scores to USPSA scores page.

then there's all the -other- behind the scene's stuff.

-practiscore: making sure tablets are charged and times synced, doing SW updates and testing, setting up the wifi, entering the stages, syncing the registration data between registration and shooting, syncing scores periodically throughout the match to prevent data loss.

-maintaining inventory of targets/pasters/paint/target sticks/etc

-keeping track of income/expenditures, financial reports to host club

-attending host club meetings to report activity (and sometimes beg for $ or range repairs)

-answering emails from new folks interested in starting

-making sure each stage has the pasters/paint/staplers/etc needed during the match

-dealing w/ tablet issues, scoring/rules questions, DQs, prop issues etc during the match

-submitting/paying for activity report a couple days after the match

-bank runs

-organizing and helping with prop repair/replacement

that's just off the top of my head....

-rvb

Thanks! I see where to create the activity/classifer report. How do I create the webfile to upload the scores to the USPSA scores page?

Right below the Activity/Classifier report is the webfile report.

then there's all the -other- behind the scene's stuff.

AND, organizing your own stuff to make sure you can actually shoot the match. Showing up with everything you need to run the match but forgetting your gun or ammo is a real possibility.

Yeah, there is a TON of pre/post match work that needs to be done. I didn't want to dive into that in fear of making some peoples heads explode. I think that defining what happens the day of the match alone is a significant eye opener for many competitors that are not currently involved with making matches happen in their local area. Hopefully this helps these uneducated shooters understand the magnitude of effort and dedication that goes into running a simple club match, much less a major match. Matches can't happen without the dedicated volunteer efforts from many different people. If you are not pitching in to help make the match happen you might want to think about changing your stance on the subject.

Delegate Delegate Delegate

I have a stats guy, I have a sketchup guy, I have a props guy, my wife does registration, and I try to get stage input from my crew so I don't have to come up with all of them. I pretty much just show up for set up the day prior, show up early on match day to hang targets and walk stages once more. Post match I pay the classifier fees and deposit the rest of the money and focus on shooting for three weeks. Local matches are easy if you have good help!

I have 2 people, myself included in that count, to set up, score, fix, design, register shooters etc....it is very difficult.

I had to cancel this weekend's match due to overnight flooding but me and my assistant went out and re-built 15 walls so they will be ready for next month.

• 4 weeks later...

Ouch...Cha-lee...that brought back some painful memories.

I've moved on to Practiscore 100% and haven't looked back. I use clubs.practiscore.com for pre-registration, use the pin to load registration into the master (iPad Mini), use an iOS iPad Mini to register walk-ons during sign-in, and sync to Nooks for scoring devices. Shoot the match, then sync back scores to the master after the match and create a file to send to USPSA for classifier along with reshoots. Scores get posted to our web site, practiscore, and USPSA that evening when I get around to it.

This is what we do but we use androids to score and whomever is that days stats guys' phone for the master.

Without a group of dedicate individuals, matches just don't get done the right way. Many hands do make the workload less, so get your people involved in match setup early so that they have some skin in the game. They will appreciate everything they see so much more that way. Plus, you train them right from the beginning.

I will put my group of club members up against anyone's group for being absolute Animals when it comes to set up/clean up. We are so blessed with a great group of people. But it starts from day one when they come to the club to shoot. It is a volunteer sport and we needs lots of work and volunteer's.