Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Troy PDW stock

Gunmetal

I've seen a bunch of them online, and I have to say it looks amazing. Haven't seen one in person, but was reading reviews that they feel cheap and the cheek weld sucks. I really want to try one, but they are very proud of it. Waiting to buy used

I fondled one while at Defender Outdoors in Fort Worth that was on a wicked looking 2 stamp LWRC. Not my cup of tea. Far too short for my comfort. Like putting a recoil pad on a pistol tube. That's what it felt like to me. Would make for an interesting range toy or ideal hoser carbine match with a full size Aimpoint or Eotech.

Ranger...you said Adam's Arms... So is it a piston gun? How does it work with the DGIS BCG that I see them advertised with?

I think I got his uppers confused...he's got an SBR upper from Adams and he recently bought a 7" upper from Troy. He's hard to keep up with!

The one I handled was a piston. I didn't tear it down so I couldn't see how it functioned. But it was definitely a piston system. May have had a carrier specifically designed for LWCR's rifles or it may have been a Troy knock off suitable for piston systems. The guys at Defender Outdoors would definitely know more about the one I handled.

• 4 months later...