Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

18" Nordic paired with Voodoo Low mass carrier Problems

Oskino

Did you try it on a different lower w/o a BAD lever?

no i have not, really dont think its the bad lever. Gun runs 100% with spikes bcg

So you are aware that the BAD lever can cause problems?

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=209737&hl=%2Bbad+%2Blever#entry2343470

It's fairly easy to take out the lever... shoot the rifle to see if it solves the problem... then put it back on.

It actually looks like you may be outrunning the mag? Maybe it is my eyes but it look like the bolt cycles fully and just gets ahead of the mag. Did you dry a fresh mag or mag spring? Also maybe REDUCE the gas and see what happens?

It actually looks like you may be outrunning the mag? Maybe it is my eyes but it look like the bolt cycles fully and just gets ahead of the mag. Did you dry a fresh mag or mag spring? Also maybe REDUCE the gas and see what happens?

yes I have tried a new mag but not a heavy buffer, in that video I have a empty carbine buffer and have also tried a standard carbine buffer same result Edited by Oskino

Did you get this figured out?

I jinxed myself (or the rifle) with my post about it running reliably. Shot a 3gun match this weekend and noticed it was sluggish to strip a round off a nearly full mag. A few taps of the forward assist and it ran like a top until the last stage. I had several instances where it chambered a round but did not go all the way into battery resulting in the click but no bang. When I got home, I loaded up some dummy rounds and duplicated the sluggish feeding with a full mag. Switched to a std buffer spring and it chambers the round without trouble. Not sure how or if it will run yet.

Nordic barrel + HyperFire trigger = failure to strip round from mag.

Rumor has it that Nordic cuts a smaller gas port in the barrel then most. Mix that with having to overcome the extra spring tension on the hammer in a HF trigger and you don't get enough BC travel to cycle.

I have the Voodoo BC and it works, except with Nordic + HyperFire.

Good Luck.

Wow that bolt slams home right after it ejects the round, have you tried to run a Rifle buffer system instead of a carbine system? Try a different lower, But to me you looked over sprung in the buffer spring department.

I had to move my Voodoo around to different guns before finding one it ran in. Even guns that full mass BCG ran in, the Voodoo would short stroke. It ended up in a 16" 300 BLK and so far, has worked all the time shooting subsonics. My JPs run fine in whatever gun they are in.

I had to move my Voodoo around to different guns before finding one it ran in. Even guns that full mass BCG ran in, the Voodoo would short stroke. It ended up in a 16" 300 BLK and so far, has worked all the time shooting subsonics. My JPs run fine in whatever gun they are in.

Had the same type of experiences.