Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Magazine Article Input

Ladies and Gents

Currently writing an article for 3 Gun Nation Magazine on improving your match placement. It will discuss topics such as gear, stage breakdown, mental preparation, etc. I would like some input on topics you would like to see covered. I may not have all the answers but if I don't, I will certainly find those who do!!!! :goof:

12 words would be better.

"Waste as little time as physically possible practicing anything other than shooting."

I won't even ask to share the byline with you, you can take full credit. :D

On a serious note, maybe have a "professional lessons already learned" section where you get quotes from the sports top shooters on what mistakes they made early on in their careers.

1. Proper training - I spent many years training improperly, and gained little for the effort

- start with lessons or good book

2. Push yourself - with a timer and real bullets (although dry firing every day is Very Good)

3. Shoot with someone a little better than you who will discuss shooting with you, and

push you to improve.

4. Improve your equipment (gun, ammo, holster, etc) - each improvement makes it easier

for you to improve

5. Nutrition - bring drinks/food with you to keep up your energy.

6. Improve your physical energy levels - exercise -

7. Get your spouse involved - instead of fighting to find time, you'll have all the time,

and a shooting buddy, to help you improve.

Good luck with the article. :cheers:

Make sure your guns work, know your zero!

This......apparently oil added to clean guns works better than dry and dirty guns!!!

I would also add "be able to improvise when something goes wrong".......I've watched people time out trying to fix a gun on the clock instead of taking penalties and moving on. I've benefited from dumping a "down" gun to exercise the other option with a different gun on remaining targets.

• 3 weeks later...