Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Louisiana Gator Classic

LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC

Match Dates Are:

OCTOBER 28, 29 & 30th.

Location: Southern Sportsmans Shooting Center, Thibodaux, LA.

Points Series Approval Pending

12 stages, high round count, Prize Table, Raffle, S&W Gun Try-Out, Demos and More...

For more information: here's the link

http://www.southernshootingcenter.com

See you there!!

• 2 weeks later...

I realize that many of you don't know much about South Lousiana so Here are some links of interest and important Information.

http://www.lafourche-tourism.org/

Thibodaux, Louisiana located in the heart of Cajun country on Bayou Lafourche is less than an hour’s drive from world famous New Orleans. Established in 1801 by Henry Schuyler Thibodaux, our City has a culture all its own; with influences of French and Spanish heritage. Thibodaux is home to a state university, a federal park, plantations, food, music and gatherings like no other.

The small-town charm of Thibodaux is felt when touring downtown and one of its many antique shops and strolling its safe and picturesque streets. Days of old time living are evident in shops that link the past with the present. The past is reflected too in the humble Creole cottages that line the highway and in charming large family Victorian homes in and around the town. Some of the first comments heard from visitors are about the city’s cleanliness and its citizens are proud to have received the “Louisiana’s Cleanest City” award on numerous occasions.

This is not the section match. This is a new annual match that the directors want to make shooter and spectator friendly with lots of vendors and a big prizes table (there is already 5 guns for it).

Smith & Wesson will have a demo booth there where you can try out all the guns and Jerry Miculek will also be doing speed shooting demonstrations.

The range is pretty new and very nice, check out the site below for some photos and information about the range.

It is point series approved

There will be local TV coverage there.

This is one match you do not want to miss.

Contact info

Match Application and info @ lagator.org

southernshootingcenter.com

This match could be as many as 12 stages. The owner of the range is considering building two more pistol bays before Sept.

LOUISIANA GATOR CLASSIC MATCH

SEPTEMBER 2,3,4/2005

THIBODEAUX LOUISIANA

USPSA SANCTIONED, POINTS SERIES

8 STAGES PLUS, HIGH ROUND COUNT

PRIZE TABLES, RAFFLES, DEMO'S

SMITH & WESSON GUN TRY-OUTS

VENDORS, ON SITE CATERING

Speed shoot demo By Jerry Miculek

5 Guns promised so far for prize table.

Sponsors:- S & W, STI, ACTION SHOOTING SUPPLY, GAT BULLETS, JME,

SV, DPMS, CLARKS RANGE, LOUQUES FIRARMS, TEE SHIRT EXPRESS,

DILLON, SOUTHERN SHOOTING CENTER, HOUMA AUTO PARTS.

There will also be coverage on channel 10 Tv

The Match is really shaping up to include more than 8 stages.

More sponsors and vendors are coming on line.

This is going to be a great event.

Please feel free to contact me or anyone at the site for more information.

www.lagator.org

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE!!!

The Range is expanding to include more Pistol Bays.

Work is in progress and the Stage count is looking more like 10 stages maybe more!!! (Let's just say that the "8 Stages" listed on the match application is a minimum)

I'll try to keep y'all up to date on what's happening.

UPDATE!!!!!!!

The match director announced this morning taht 6 more pistol bays are being built. Add that to the 6 that are already there....Stage count could be up around 12or more!!

12 confirmed sponsers, 5 confirmed prize guns, and the list goes on.

We have also added Brazos Custom to our vendor lineup, thanks Bob.

Okay People,

I visited the range today. The new bays are not just talk.

They are about 50% complete.

And the best part is that the bays are all in one line side-by-side.

You can walk from the first bay to the last bay in less than 300 yards.

Someone asked about driving distances to the Range.

The match hotel is 5-10 minutes away.

New Orleans is 45-50 minutes away.

Lafayette is 90 minutes away.

Baton Rouge is 60 minutes away.

I'll let y'all know about the prize table as soon as I get more details.

It's going to be a large prize table.

The Match Director just emailed me this update!!!

Louisiana Gator Classic Update 04/21/2005

Hi Shooters one and all, as of now we have some 18 committed sponsorships for the match, they include:-

Smith & Wesson, CZ, Infinity, STI, DPMS, Briley, Clark Custom Guns, Brazos Custom, Dillon Precision, Brian Enos, Action Shooting Supplies and many more.

We will have Jerry Miculek doing a shooting exhibition. Also S & W has agreed to be their, for shooters to try out their products and shoot their Firearms. Shooters will be able to take advantage of these fine activities during down time and after the match on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

We will also raffle some guns and a complete set of steel plates, the proceeds from this raffle will be used to buy items from the attending venders, for the prize table.

The Match will also be filmed by Sportsman’s Paradise. This show is seen on Cox cable throughout Louisiana and parts of Florida, Arkansas and Texas.

We have at this time 5 Guns promised to us. One of which will be given to the RO’s in a drawing for their untiring help.

Entry forms are available on:-

www.lagator.org

www.uspsa.org

email gatbullets@cajunnet.com or 985 446 0093

jmeltd@bellsouth.net or 985 447 6647

Early entry forms will avoid disappointment on missing THE match of the South, it will also help us in securing even more wonderful prizes for you the shooter.

Contact Tom at action shooting supplies for your pre order of reloading and shooting supplies email l1670@aol.com or 504 279 9097

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here's the update:

We now have some 18 committed sponsorships for the match, they include:

Smith & Wesson,

CZ,

Infinity,

STI,

DPMS,

Briley,

Clark Custom Guns,

Brazos Custom,

Dillon Precision,

Brian Enos,

Action Shooting Supplies

and many more.

The stages have been finalized.

There will be 12 stages of running and gunning action.

(Minimum of 314 rounds)

At this time, 5 Guns have been committed to the prize table by match sponsors.

Jerry Miculek will be doing a shooting exhibition

and S & W factory display will be there, for shooters to try out (Actually Shoot) their products.

Shooters will be able to take advantage of these fine activities during down time and after the match on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

We will also raffle some guns and a complete set of steel plates, the proceeds from this raffle will be used to buy items from the attending venders, for the prize table.

The Match will be filmed by Sportsman’s Paradise.

This show is seen on Cox cable throughout Louisiana and parts of Florida, Arkansas and Texas.

Entry forms are available on:-

www.lagator.org

www.uspsa.org

email gatbullets@cajunnet.com or 985 446 0093

Early entry forms will avoid disappointment on missing THE match of the South,

it will also help us in securing even more wonderful prizes for you the shooter.

• 3 weeks later...

Bayoupirate- Is there a match hotel? I have family outside Lafayette but hate getting lost on the way to the match the morning of. Second question, I have only one open gun but would like to see both my wife and I shoot the match in open. Are the squads small enough/scheduling relaxed enough such that we could share a gun, (use seperate rigs) and not burden the RO's and our squadmates?

I believe the match hotel will be the Best Western on the corner of Hwy 90 and Hwy24 in Gray, LA, which is just a couple of miles from the range. As for the squadding, you should call or email Neil Allen at the jmeltd@bellsouth.net email address above, he is the match director and should be able to give you more info on that.

Correction - the match hotel is the HOJO in Thibodaux. Sorry for the wrong info above.

Edited by toddrod

Toddrod,

Are you sure the match hotel is at the Best Western? The app has the Ho Jo listed as the match hotel.

If the Best Western is the match hotel, do you (can you) get the phone # so I can change reservation?

g+16

there are still openings left. you can email or call gary or neal and they will answer your questions. hope to see you there!!

gatbullets@cajunnet.com or 985 446 0093