Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Louisiana Gator Classic

g+16

there are still openings left. you can email or call gary or neal and they will answer your questions. hope to see you there!!

gatbullets@cajunnet.com or 985 446 0093

jmeltd@bellsouth.net or 985 447 6647

thanks gmshooter, is there a airport other than new orleans? or is the only option to fly to new orleans and rent a car?

There is a small airport in Thibodaux and Houma but these are used mostly for personal aircraft and small charter flights. There are 2 large aiprports in New Orleans and 1 in Baton Rouge. Flying into New Orleans and renting a car would be your best bet.

Hello All,

The match hotel is the Howard Johnson in Thibodaux.

If you're visiting from out of town, you really want to stay in Thibodaux.

The town is a small college town with a National Park Service Site, lots of local history close by and GREAT FOOD!!!!

I'll try to get the direct link to the Stage descriptions ASAP.

When they come out you'll see an individual name as the course designer, but every stage has been refined, tweaked, and analyzed by a team of veteran shooters, R.O.s, R.M.s, and course designers.

FLYING IN?

You have two choices. Baton Rouge or New Orleans. New Orleans is larger and just a bit closer. Certainly more options as far as rental cars available.

If you are flying yourself in, Houma or Thibodaux Regional can accomidate you craft. The Thib. Airport is less than a mile from the range. Give us a holler and we'll pick you up.

TWO Shooters/ One Gun

Jesse. Sorry that I can't give you the definate green light on that. That will have to come from the Match Director or Range Master. I'll speak with him and get back to you. That being said. I can't imagine anyone objecting to the senerio you propose. I've seen it done before a local matches.

Jerry M. Revolver Demo.

The Demo will be scheduled during a break time for all shooters, to allow everyone the opportunity to see the demo. Hey us ROs want to see it too.

at least that's the plan.

Please don't hesitate to ask any other questions here.

Looking forward to having all of you out of town visitors down for the match!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We finally received the Green Light to promote and advertise that the Louisiana Gator Classic Match will benefit the Local High School Army J.R.O.T.C. program.

The Cadets will be helping out as pasters, painters, and go fors, and the JROTC Parent Boosters will be cooking and selling Great Food at the Match.

Please plan on supporting the Program and helping introduce a whole new generation of people to our great sport.

SEE YA THERE!

We're resigned to the fact that Katrina is on the way.

Still looks like we'll get a glancing blow.

I'd ask one of our Houma Nation Tribe to do some dance, but I believe that they've all evacuated.

No matter what happens, It'll all be past us by tuesday.

We begin setting up props on Wednesday.

See You ALL THERE!!!

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers John,

We'll give you a call on wednesday when we get it all together and can see what we're missing.

You guys look like you'll get plenty of rain and some serious wind too.

Looking forward to have the Mississippi Krewe down on the bayou.

"A glancing blow"...are you kidding me!!!!!!! The son of a b**ch is 600 miles wide and has sustained winds of 175 and gusts to 200mph (you CAN'T be far enough out of town IMHO)!!! They said that if they had a category 6 for huricanes that this one would easily make it. They (the national weather service) also say it will put New Orleans under water (look what it did to Florida as a category 1). Apparently this is only the fourth hurricane this strong to EVER hit the US. The president has ALREADY put New Orleans in a state of emergency and they are evacuating. I don't want to see anyones match hurt, and I certainly don't want to sound like Chicken Little, but "glancing blow" is not exactly the appropriate term given the circumstances IMHO. I wish you all well, and hope that you can salvage things. This sucks.

You have to understand that those 175 - 200 winds are only within the eyewall of the hurricane. While we, the people who live within 10 miles of the range, are predicted to only receive winds up to 100 mph. I realize that those numbers sound catastrophic to most people, to us that's a category 1 hurricane and most everything build here is capable of withstanding those condition.

Sadly, the good people, of New Orleans and especially our friends from St. Bernard parish will take a direct hit and will have to bear the brunt of the worst hurricane ever.

That all being said, I'm probably really pushing the Karma of the universe in a way that will attract eye of the storm to my own home.

If you have a flight booked for New Orleans, MSY

Change the ticket to the Baton Rouge Airport.

Thanks for all of the PRAYERS!!!!

P.S. - Louisiana Law requires that all looters wear craft brown colored clothing.