Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyway to get a long slide in to Production?

racingjoe27

It's funny he says they were using the standard short dust cover cz 75 frame instead of the SP01 frame to keep the weight down, when a full tactical sport is actually about the same weight as a Tanfo Stock III.

Due to the dustcover rules in IDPA, the CTS longslide will have to go onto a CZ75 frame.

It's not on SP01 frames, CZ75 frames. Angus mentioned that he hopes that it will be legal someday

7:25 into the video

Thanks for that link, I actually watched the whole video and found it pretty interesting. Not to derail my own thread but since you brought it up, how many variations of frames are there??

It's funny he says they were using the standard short dust cover cz 75 frame instead of the SP01 frame to keep the weight down, when a full tactical sport is actually about the same weight as a Tanfo Stock III.

Agreed. I much prefer a full length dust cover over anything shorter regardless of what it does for weight and balance

This...if you going to make it, make on the TS frame. No need to use separate frames and slides. Just put DA parts in it and cut the dustcover.

Or on the CTS that has the cut down dust cover

Pipe dream until the CTS can get added to the list.

This. I highly doubt they will ever make 2,000 CTS slides and mount them to SP01 frames every year.

It's 2000 total, not 2000 per year- from USPSA:

There are steps and criteria for a handgun to be accepted to the Production gun list.

• 1. 2000 manufactured and available to the general public .
  • 2. No magwell attachments or external flaring of the magwell, the lateral internal width of the well may not be more than 1/4" wider than the lateral width of the magazine. The lateral width of the well to mean the narrow width where the mainspring housing is inserted, the lateral width of the magazine to mean the narrow side that faces the mainspring housing when inserted into the handgun.
  • 3. Must meet the criteria listed in the appendix of the current rule book as well as that listed above.
  • 4. The gun must be viewed by NROI prior to its acceptance. 5. A production gun approval form filled out and signed and returned to NROI

It wouldn't take them long to get 2000 total out there.

If I could shoot the CTS LS/P in Production I would buy it. I have been waiting. Trouble is, if you buy now and they decide to start making them Accu/ bushings or SP01 framed the few that they have sold will never be on the list. I wish they would figure the best combo and start making a long slide. I don't think IDPA weight is the problem it once was. They should use a shortened SP01 frame { Combat 2 size } with the Tac Sport slide accu bushing. Lighten the slide with slots on each side of the top rib making it the same weight as a normal slide. Or maybe thin the front like a Shadowline slide.

Pipe dream until the CTS can get added to the list.

This. I highly doubt they will ever make 2,000 CTS slides and mount them to SP01 frames every year.

It's 2000 total, not 2000 per year- from USPSA:

There are steps and criteria for a handgun to be accepted to the Production gun list.

• 1. 2000 manufactured and available to the general public .
  • 2. No magwell attachments or external flaring of the magwell, the lateral internal width of the well may not be more than 1/4" wider than the lateral width of the magazine. The lateral width of the well to mean the narrow width where the mainspring housing is inserted, the lateral width of the magazine to mean the narrow side that faces the mainspring housing when inserted into the handgun.
  • 3. Must meet the criteria listed in the appendix of the current rule book as well as that listed above.
  • 4. The gun must be viewed by NROI prior to its acceptance. 5. A production gun approval form filled out and signed and returned to NROI

It wouldn't take them long to get 2000 total out there.

I was thinking of the SSP division of IDPA.

Have a minimum annual production of 2,000 units. Discontinued models must have had a total production of 20,000 units.