Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G42/G43 Parts Interchangeability

Andis2068

Is the dovetail actually different from the 42/43 to the double-stack models? Or is the slide width so narrow that a standard sight wouldn't work? It's just that we all have our preferred sight system and if Ameriglo doesn't make the exact sights I want, specifically for the 43, then I may just want to put on standard Glock sights even though they don't look quite right.

Is the dovetail actually different?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so far I've got a Vickers slide stop and a name brand connector and those are definitely compatible between the two guns. The slide stop works great, but the connector didn't work as advertised. It was supposed to reduce trigger pull weight by an average of 3lbs, but I only saw a drop of 1lb. It went from about 6 1/2lbs to 5 1/2lbs. I say about because I averaged ten pulls for each connector. I'm not sure if it's against the rules of the forum to mention to name of the company that made the connector,but I was very disappointed. I've not polished any of the internals yet so that may make a difference.

how is the Vickers slide stop/release working for you?
I was wondering if it is easy to accidently push and thus stop the slide from locking back after the last round.
I love it on the G19.

Do you give it a thumbs up for the G43?

also, is the connector a Ghost?
I had the top of the line model for my Ruger and it was unimpressive. It lightend the trigger pull but also made it mushy. I had another problem with it where it felt like the trigger was catching on something as well so i put the factory connector back in it after i polisehd it up. I heard Glock folks have better luck with the connectors. I havent tried one on a Glock since i was let down with the Ruger experiance so i cant tell you anything about their effectiveness in other guns.

Thanks,
-G_B

you can keep the stock connector and reduce the pull weight 2.5-3# as well as shorten the reset by two-thirds. it's all in the knowledge of how to re radius the transfer bar to lessen glide resistance.Of course this will give you a ton of creep so if your a fan of the rolling break you're good to go however if you like a crisp tactical glass rod break then you have to know how to re angle the seer to accommodate for that.my 42kit is just a bar with an adjustable set screw for pre travel a five pound spring because it's the only one that will ensure primer ignition and a reduced power safety plunger spring.it will transform the 42 from a staple gun trigger feel to a beautifully refined tactical trigger with amazing feedback.

Edited by BigBoss

I never really thought that the connector made a lot of difference in the pull weight before and have used a few different ones, but now that Big Boss said that about creep it makes me think. I guess that I never really thought about it. The Ghost in my G43 is crisp alright; it's like trying to break a chopstick between your fingers. I've probably used a minus connector the most though. It has a more ramped feel and I actually like that. I've also recently put a Zev connector and springs in another Glock and it's not crisp at all. In fact, I don't always know when that gun will go off.

fascinating,
I heard ZEV made really good stuff. I have only dry fired one and was impressed with that.
I was thinking about getting a Zev kit for my mother for her birthday.

GlockTriggers is making a carry trigger for the 43. They said it will be out in a few months. Their stuff is factory connectors that are polished and reshaped a bit.

My 43 trigger is crisp (for a glock) but heavy. It is actually heavier than my Ruger LCP (new model). Although there is no wall to break with the Ruger.
I like my 43 so far but i am not crazy about it like some people seem to be. It is just like a normal gun.
I enjoy how thin it is. An order to Crossbreed holster is going to be made next week. Right now i am just using a Remora (similar to a desantis tuck-deal).
I plan on keeping the trigger stock and just swapping out the sights.
I am not sure that i am going to put in a Vickers slide release beucase i had a few failure to lock backs due to my thumb hitting the slide stop and this was with a factory gun.

Edited by Gunsby_Blazen