Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

135gr or 147gr bullets for the cz 75-sp-01 shadow

Superpipe9

i just picked a new cz75b sa and it has only 20 shots out of it, i went to the range with a few different loads, some Bayou 147 and some Acme 124rn and then i tried the SNS coated NLG round nose with Solo powder, this load works excellent. off all my (8) 9mm pistols this CZ shoots the best of them, and i did not do the trigger yet and it needs work, as for accuracy, it shines

Chet

• 3 weeks later...

My question is why do people grind down the slide stop when using heavy bullets. Does it depend on the shape of the bullet or something. I've been shooting 165's 147's 115's out of my shadow and never had a feed issue. Is there something I'm missing?

My question is why do people grind down the slide stop when using heavy bullets. Does it depend on the shape of the bullet or something. I've been shooting 165's 147's 115's out of my shadow and never had a feed issue. Is there something I'm missing?

Its the profile of the bullet when loaded long and not the weight that matters.

I can load Precison Delta 147 FMJs to 1.16 and SNS 147 Hi-Tek grooveless to 1.13 in my SP-01 which gives both the same seating depth in the case. I have room to go a little longer with the SNS if I choose but like the idea of having the same seating depth for both bullets. Both shoot and function very well. I use WSF and love the combo. Nice being able to load rounds that chamber in all of my 9mm handguns. If I load the SNS 125 in my CZ, 1.10 is max before hitting the rifling. Precision Delta 124 JHPs also max out at 1.10 in my CZ. It's all about the bullet profile when it comes to setting the OAL.

Edited by JLeeCZ

because certain bullet profiles on longer/heavier bullets can hit the slide stop as they move up in the magazine, causing the slide to lock back with rounds still in the gun.

i use an 11# recoil spring when shooting a 147gr bullet. the timing of the gun is good and it shoots very flat.

10lb recoil spring with 147gr. bullets with 129PF, shoots very softly.