Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

February

TriggerT

I Fu(|<ING HATE FEBRUARY!

This has got to be the absolute worst month of the year in the Midwest. It is still to cold to really do anything outside, but it is warm enough that you think about it. I noticed this really bright thing in the sky today, and it made me a little scared until the guy on the radio said something about the "Sun" which I have heard about. Every day my gravel driveway turns into a mud pit, only to re-freeze every night. The driveway will never re-freeze before the dog gets the chance to dip her paws into the mud though. I have all kinds of people who want me to do work for them (I'm a handyman) but 99.9% of the work is outside, and can't be done until it gets warmer. The invoice for my bullet order will surely make it to me regardless of the temp. outside. I noticed the other day while in my garage that I own a motorcyle.....I had forgotten about that. Froze my A$$ off at the range for about an hour today, and then wondered why I can't get excited about practicing for the up coming season. That assumes that this DAMN month ever ends.

Yes I know, "Move to a warmer area." OK, easy to say, hard to do. Business is here, family is here, wife is here, wife's family is here.

Have I mentioned that I Fu(|<ING HATE FEBRUARY!

zhunter

Good for you...Merlin is not only the King of Komedy, but a great guy a great shooter, and an inspiration to all us guys over 50...although he isn't there yet I don't think...

Steve Anderson bullied me into dryfiring till I lowered my time by about 1.5 seconds...you can do it too...

At one time in my college days I was scratch, so know the pleasure of hitting it on the screws all day long or when the cup looks as big as a garbage can...shooting is almost as frustrating as golf, so just keep working at it and enjoy the ride... :D

Things are usually miserable HERE in February, too--wet, cold, more wet, more cold--and sometimes endlessly foggy. But this year, despite a little fog, it's absolutely bone dry. Well, we've had NOOOOO rain for countless weeks (drizzle doesn't count) and there's:

1. No snow in the mountains and everyone's given up on skiing and boarding (VERY bad for business here in Oregon...

2. No snow in the mountains so there's no runoff expected any too soon to fill already-low reservoirs...

3. No rain at all so there's no extra water currently in reservoirs, rivers, streams to keep things going and growing...

This happened last year, too, but we had a massive wet-spring bailout bunch of storms that suddenly topped us up just enough to "get by" for the summer. So we're all looking over our shoulders like this icon :unsure: hoping against hope for another miraculous spring bailout. It's our last resort. We've had three sorta-dry-to-downright-dry winters now. This is NOT good. :(

zhunter

Good for you...Merlin is not only the King of Komedy, but a great guy a great shooter, and an inspiration to all us guys over 50...although he isn't there yet I don't think...

Steve Anderson bullied me into dryfiring till I lowered my time by about 1.5 seconds...you can do it too...

At one time in my college days I was scratch, so know the pleasure of hitting it on the screws all day long or when the cup looks as big as a garbage can...shooting is almost as frustrating as golf, so just keep working at it and enjoy the ride... :D

TL We share the passion of Flyfishing too. I am a Tarpon Chaser!!!

Anyway, I Dry Fire every night, ordered Anderson's book today, I was practicing the El Prez minus the turn last night, got it down to under 4seconds about half the time, the others were very close., so I am making progress.

Remember, I have been at this for only 5 weeks so far!

TriggerT - did I mention that I will have your bullet invoice shortly, but

also did I mention that I want to put a tool shed in my back yard this year?

Also for you guys that don't know TriggerT he has a great draw .7, doesn't

hit anything except his home computer, but man is it fast. B)

Winter has not been bad at all in TN. Except for the last weekend in Jan I could have shot every week and tomrrow will be 4 weeks in a row.My shooting buddy has to take his wife and mother inlaw to Atlanta tomorrow.AAHH,It is great being single and able to go shoot when I want :D