Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

75 SP-01 safety question

pointerman1967

Am I reading correctly that the safety on the 75 SP-01 will leave the hammer in the cocked position? This effectively takes away the need for your first shot out of the holster to be a double action pull in USPSA. Trying to find an acceptable all steel production pistol for use in USPSA that can be purchased in California. The list is short. Would prefer a .40 so I don't have to buy another full setup for my reloading press (currently setup to reload .40), but if this is the only good option in my state I'll just reload a boat load of 9mm at a time and set everything back to .40 I guess...

The SP-01Tactical is a decocker. You can start at half cocked vs fully down hammer. Reduces DA pull by .5# and DA travel around 20%. It also comes in a 40. David at Cajun Gunworks is the man to to call on either the SP-01 safety or decocker. He can do the work or provide you the parts and answer the questions for you to DIY. If you plan on him doing the work I recomend the Tactical with decocker. I am not sure if the SP-01 Tactical is on the Califorina list.

I am not sure if the SP-01 Tactical is on the Califorina list.

It's not.

OP, if you plan on playing production or SSP, 9mm is the better way to go.

Switching from .40 to 9mm is much cheaper than going from small pistol primer to large pistol primer.

Edited by himurax13

Both SPP

I am not sure if the SP-01 Tactical is on the Califorina list.

It's not.

OP, if you plan on playing production or SSP, 9mm is the better way to go.

Switching from .40 to 9mm is much cheaper than going from small pistol primer to large pistol primer.

Both SPP

Is it Production legal to change the SP-01's safety to a decocker?

No. I am not even sure it is even possible to do, especially with the cutouts for the ambi-safety.

Unfortunately there is not a CZ Decocker model chambered in .40 on the Safety Roster.

I doubt there is an all steel pistol with a Decocker anywhere on the Safety Roster.

My original suggestion to upgrade your reloader to also make 9mm is probably the most cost effective solution. 9mm minor is easier to manage than .40 S&W minor IMHO.

What is a safety roster ?

He is in CA. He can only buy guns which have been safety tested and placed on the state's approved handgun roster. It's a bunch of BS gun control crap done in the name of "consumer protection." We have similar crap here in MA.

What is a safety roster ?

He is in CA. He can only buy guns which have been safety tested and placed on the state's approved handgun roster. It's a bunch of BS gun control crap done in the name of "consumer protection." We have similar crap here in MA.

Thanks, I knew of the issue but not the "name"