Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hard chromed SP01?

bockerSV

I figure by the end of the season the finish on my ACCU shadow is going to be pretty well beaten up and thought it might look pretty neat if I had it hard chromed. Anybody have a picture of one they'd like to share?

Not exact, but maybe similar to what you are thinking in terms of look/finish?

b_CZ_Viper7.jpg

One of the guys locally had his Tactical Sport hard chromed at Metaloy and it looked great, but I haven't found a pic of that yet.

Of course you can't use a gun in IPSC that has a non-factory finish (or some such gibberish) but an ACCU Shadow would look awesome in HC. Can't use an ACCU in IPSC anyway so it wouldn't matter

I was thinking something along these lines only hard chromed instead of just a grey finish like on this canadian version cz sells. And I'm in 'merka so im not too concerned about IPSC. I HAVE A 75BD backup gun I could use if I felt like traveling outside the country to play with IPSC.

0A4B479A-4558-4C64-B41A-4B3995965D32_zps

b_CZ_Viper7.jpg

One of the guys locally had his Tactical Sport hard chromed at Metaloy and it looked great, but I haven't found a pic of that yet.

Is that a SP01 frame with a CTS slide?

b_CZ_Viper7.jpg

Is that a SP01 frame with a CTS slide?

Yes, that's something Waffen Oschatz does. Wasn't trying to sidetrack original question, but was one that I knew top of mind had a similar finish / look to what OP might want.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it legal to change the finish and still be production legal ?

as long as it isn't something to enhance grip,

Per existing NROI ruling, cosmetically enhancing the finish of a slide is already ALLOWED in Production Division, provided that the finish provides no com-petitive advantage.

This clause is NOW interpreted to specifically ALLOW refinishing the frame, as well as the slide, subject to the existing constraints on refinishing (cos-metic only, no competitive advantage).

Special Notes/Clarifications:

• Any finish which provides a non-cosmetic function will be deemed PROHIBITED. For example, a gun finish which provides a roughened texture in an area where grip tape is not allowed (Appendix E4) is a PROHIBITED modification.

when doing a hardchrome or nickel finish.

remember the SP01 frame is casting. so once you blast the polycoat off, its not uncommon to find air bubbles, voids in the casting that the poly fills. doesnt hurt the structure,