Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Changing Trigger Bar Spring

7sst

I'm trying to change the trigger bar spring on my Stock II, I tried turning the trigger bar guide backwards and pulling up but it won't come out. Any tips to get it out?

In that case just grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers and pull it out, just cover the hole in the mag release so the spring loaded detent doesn't go flying.

That little sucker is small.

Is there any advantage going with a lighter spring there?

Edited by himurax13

Are we talking about the trigger bar plunger and not the actual trigger bar?

The lighter spring on the plunger will decrease the amount of force needed to pull the trigger bar over the plunger. If you go too light, with say a pen spring, the reset gets mushy.

The lighter spring on the plunger will decrease the amount of force needed to pull the trigger bar over the plunger. If you go too light, with say a pen spring, the reset gets mushy.

That is exactly what I meant. My trigger pull does feel mushy now. What is a better alternative to the pen spring?

That is exactly what I meant. My trigger pull does feel mushy now. What is a better alternative to the pen spring?

Just clip 1 or 2 coils off.