Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the aet ribbed barrels?

trp

Can anyone confirm that an AET barrel is not fully supported? I am not very keen on the AET design, but I have heard that they are prone to case separations (when pushing pressure limits) as result of removing additional material.

Can anyone confirm that an AET barrel is not fully supported? I am not very keen on the AET design, but I have heard that they are prone to case separations (when pushing pressure limits) as result of removing additional material.

You don't like more accurate barrels? I don't think Infinity would use this design if it were not the best barrel.

It is a fully supported chamber. Take a look at the pdf.

Webfile_AET_BARRELS.pdf

You don't like more accurate barrels? I don't think Infinity would use this design if it were not the best barrel.

It is a fully supported chamber. Take a look at the pdf.

I think what the poster above is referring to is the fact that the chambers are fluted. In some other designs these flutes are very rough on brass as they allow additional expansion, but per the PDF posted Schuemann feels it is a non issue with the shallow depth of the cuts.

Like I said, this may just be hearsay, but after going through the PDF, I think head separation claims may be related to to the fluting and/or the chamber chamfer. The specific instance I heard about is related to using Clays, but we all know that powder is prone to separations as is. Again, I can't confirm that the barrel has any type of issue; just trying to get everyone's two cents.

I have at least 18-20k rounds through mine and haven't had any issues shooting .40 major with WST. I recently have started using claydot with no issues so far. During chronoing different loads the aet barrel is 10-20 fps faster than standard 5" sti barrels in mutiple pistols with many less round count.