Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which 124grn Bayou Bullet TC or RN

us_shooter

Just bought a new H&K VP9 and it's the only 9mm I own so I guess I will be reloading for it.

Scoured through the forum for a load and found that the 124grn Bayou is pretty popular over Titegroup which is the only powder I use. I also use Bayou Bullets in my 40's and 45's

My question is which bullet shape are the majority of you using for great accuracy, reliability or both. Very few posters list which shape bullet they use, only the weight.

Any specifics are greatly appreciated.

Either will most likely feed fine

I like the Tc's because I can adjust the col without having the ridge where it goes into the RN sticking out

Not sure with your HK how long you can load with my SIG's and 1911's I can go fairly long if I choose to

Donnie will sell a sample pack of ea to you

you may want to try a 100 or 250 of each before you commit to a larger order

good fortune with it

Either will most likely feed fine

I like the Tc's because I can adjust the col without having the ridge where it goes into the RN sticking out

Not sure with your HK how long you can load with my SIG's and 1911's I can go fairly long if I choose to

Donnie will sell a sample pack of ea to you

you may want to try a 100 or 250 of each before you commit to a larger order

good fortune with it

Exactly why I was leaning towards the TC. Really don't think I will have function problems with either bullet. Don't know about accuracy.

I've shot the RN for a few years and like them feed well in all gun I own and shot well. So I thought I would give the new TCG 124gr a go. They fed well and shot well, BUT the ran slower than the RN's I would have had to bump up my powder charge a tenth of a grain or so. Not really a big deal but why? So I stuck with the RN's. The ,40 cal 180gr TCG ran a lot slower than the ones with the grease ring..

Difference should be negligible, with a little load developement both should be very accurate and function well. I like SWCs and TCs because (for me) they are easier to grab and place during bullet seating.

Edited by Joe_Atlanta