Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW OPEN BLASTER!!

openglock34

this just in....glock 34 from one of our members brian hawley (if you dont know him you should) it is a glock 34 with my own trigger job..soon to be vanek, overtravel stop THE magwell although i think i will change to a NHO like the one on my limited gun a kkm barrel a lightened and hard chromed slide carver mount modified so it sits further towards the rear and a kkm barrel and titanium compensator. i have NO IDEA how to load pictures so here is the link.

http://www.experimentalmachining.com/Shawn1.jpg

if that doesnt work just go to www.experimentalmachining.com then go to the hawley custom link, then to galery and glocks..or if someone knows how to get this picture on here let me know. just thought id share my love with you

i am located at camp pendleton ca (san diego area) i am using both sides of the mount, it is modified though so the mount sits all the way to the rear of the slide, it is normally about an inch forward. the slide is stock and modified for two reasons 1. caspian is too lazy to make new ones and 2. the stock slide is longer which i like and is already lightened to be as light as the 17 slide and has the top hole for the hybrid ports. the slide racker is also NHO but it comes straight so i had it modified to the angle you see it at

Trey, it is not hardchrome it is beadblasted hardchrome does not stick well to magwells.

Took the gun to the range last night.....Shoots awesome better then i thought my main goal was to have it be competitive with the st sv's out there and it absolutely shoots flat i only had time to put about 80 rounds through it so there is alot of breaking in to do with the barrel as well as new hardchrome is very sticky. But for a first run it was awesome now i get to enter the endless battle of loads and spring weights to find what is absolutely the best configuration, so if anyone wants to put in their $.02 let me know

-shawn

it is kind of similiar to carlos' gun, same concepts. mine is a little shorter comp because the gun is long enough as it is, and i have a different mount (same idea) and i do not have the custom deluxe ice magwell hoodadd on my gun. For anyone who cares to see my work space i put my reloading bench is the reloading bench department. it is like on page 7 or something crazy like that.

-shawn

p.s. thanks for all of the great reviews of the gun i shot it again last night at a little steel match and it is working great so far.

as flex says "my gun didnt require financing"

haha.......for a glock, you 1911'ers are coming around you just fear change

cost approx $2,000.00 ish from very very beginning to where it is today dont have an exact number that that is a good estimate. still not cheap but not that $2600.00 avg to start STI race gun

it is expensive but not really when you compare it to what some people have in a 1911 which can easily exceed 3grand. the barrel is aftermarket it is a kkm. im kind of lost in your question as to the cmore..you lost me at the recoil spring part. there was no drilling anywhere on the mount. it slides over the rail and is locked in by a piece on the bottom and the other part above the trigger replaces one of the 3 pins that trigger is attached too and the cmore itself is held onto the mount by the two mounting screws that screw into threaded holes in the mount base. i hope that helps...the whole thing probably would have been cheaper had i done it all right the first time..but what fun is that

• 1 month later...

I am in love with your gun :wub: openglock34.I have already a open glock 17

with caspian slide etc from Tom Novak with Carver Mount but i want and

another like yours!!!!I will soon order one in Tom.

Please can you tell my infos about the bullets that you use?(major reloading)

thanks for loving my gun.....it uh.....loves you too...i guess

anyway..

i use 8.3 gr hs6 behind a montana gold 125 gr 357 sig bullet

oal is 1.135 and here is the good stuff that load averages 1368 fps and has a power factor average of 171.0 alot more pf then i need but i made a real small batch of 8.2 gr and they didnt run right and i really didnt feel like experimenting.

hope that helps