Gas block vltor

Grip hogue

Stock mft minimalist

Trigger alg act

Scope viper pst 1x4 with switch view lever

Warne skeletonized mount

Magpul mvg

Ar stoner compensator

I am very please with the gun so far it was built as a good lightweight all around gun with a focus toward three gun. It has shot very well. The only upgrades I still want to make is magpul flip up angled sights and a Cmc flat trigger. Let me know what you think guys.

post-58496-0-75273400-1424323025_thumb.j

Edited by Chrisdunn

Yes it shot great with a bushnell Pcl throwdown 1x4 on it that I sold for 280 with a pepr mount (bought for 129 total from palmetto state. Then purchased the viper warne combo for 398 brand new from cabelas not including the switch view. With the ar optic off a rest with no rear bag with xm193 I was getting 4 inch groups at 100.

Edited by Chrisdunn

I would save on the flip sights for a 3 gun build. Buis really arnt needed on a competition gun. The trigger in it now can actually be pretty darn good without spending much else. Add JP springs, a trigger adjuster grip screw to remove pretravel and bob the hammer like a JP speed hammer. Makes for a short light crisp trigger

I probably have 800 rounds throught the two iterations of this gun the first was a gov profile barrel with an f front sight and a vortex. Picking up a bunch more ammo today. I have done a bit of shooting with a friends black forge with the cmc in it and love it which is why I wanted to go with it on mine

Welcome to the sport of 3-gun. My advice would be to not spend another penny on your gear till you get out and shoot a couple matches. The CMC triggers are a nice drop in unit, but not needed to get started. If you can, borrow whatever you need to get started then see where it goes. Like all of us when we started, most likely your perception of what you need vs. what you really want will be quite different. The fact you're over here on Enos is a good start in filling the gaps though. There's a lot of knowledge floating around on these pages. Best of luck to ya.

I second the motion to go and shoot, It is much easier to "slip" and break a shot with a 3 lb AR trigger under stress then it is with a MIL spec trigger. You have to learn a little control to go with a light trigger. Go and shoot, after a season or so, you will have a better idea of what you want and or need. This will also help you save money on components that you don't need or only add a marginal level of system improvement.

One of the BEST things you can do is make sure the rifle is well lubed with good magazines and ammo; nothing is more frustrating then a gun that will not run.

The S3G trigger is nice, but make sure you SERIOUSLY practice with it before hitting a match. They're very different from your stock milspec trigger for pre-travel and reset. If you're not careful, it's very easy to have an ND which might send you home for the day. Once you get used to it, you'll love it. Trust me (I have 3 of them.)

Enjoy!

Yea I put some rounds down range yesterday it is very strange I was choosing between it and an Ssa e that some one local had in stock.he was nice enough to throw both in my gun and let me check them out. i felt like the ssa e was nice but could definetly see why the s3g is popular. At 140 dollars I couldnt beat the deal

Edited by Chrisdunn

• 4 months later...