Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production & SSP Legal Safety

ES13Raven

Sp01 D style safety and Shadow thin safety set.

Thanks Stuart. I have two questions for you:

1. Is it possible to have a safety only on the left side (nothing on the right side)?

2. Is it possible to mix & match (shadow on left, thin on right)?

Sp01 D style safety and Shadow thin safety set.

Thanks Stuart. I have two questions for you:

1. Is it possible to have a safety only on the left side (nothing on the right side)?

2. Is it possible to mix & match (shadow on left, thin on right)?

need something on the RHS. the LHS needs to be supported.

can mix a match to some extent.. SP01 can be purchased each side. Thin safeties are sold as a set.

How about is there a way to make it so a safety can't be engaged with the hammer down on a Shadow and keep the gun Production legal?

Not sure. will do some investigating.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that something the CGW adjustable sear will take care of? I'm not 100% sure as I just fit my stock parts after my comp hammer install. You might look into that as another idea.

What problems are you having, are you bumping thumb safety up with your shooting hand thumb at the draw or is it getting pushed up by your support hand while shooting?

For me, the LHS thumb safety periodically gets bumped up when I draw. But if I am more deliberate about establishing a good grip on the draw and keeping my thumb cocked up when I drop my hand on the grip it doesn't happen. As far I am concerned its a training thing I need to work in dry-fire until it becomes second nature so I don't do it in a match. Because the thumb safety is a little too far forward I have a hard time reaching it to ride the safety like I do on a 1911/2011.

If it wasn't an illegal mod for Prod/SSP I would probably grind the paddle off...

A guy I shoot with took the thin thumb safeties from a CZ-75 and fit them to his SP-01. I think he may have the RHS safety from a CZ Rami as well...

Maybe one draw in 100, I click on the safety with my right thumb. I am getting better with training, I've only had the gun for a few weeks. If there was a simple hardware solution, I'd probably use it. If not, dry fire, dry fire, dry fire will also work.

What problems are you having, are you bumping thumb safety up with your shooting hand thumb at the draw or is it getting pushed up by your support hand while shooting?

Occasionally bumping it up during the draw. Not sure if its my strong hand index finger or thumb doing it.

Occasionally bumping it up during the draw. Not sure if its my strong hand index finger or thumb doing it.

For me it is my SH thumb that is the culprit. A couple bazillion practice draws seems to have cured me of that.

• 3 months later...

Here is a follow-up to the safety issue. I would get the thin safety set and Perman springs, you never have to worry about accidently activating the safety. Got in the thin safety and fitted it last night. Wow - those things are thin!! It was strange, it took longer to fit the "D" end of the spindle to the RH safety lever than anything else. You would think they would be a close fit already but nada. I can see where it would be easy to screw up, you have to get the flat part of the "D" correct or your lever will be off. Anyway, it's all fitted and is running great! Loving this safety and the Perman springs!

Rami safeties fix the accident safety problem and are legal is uspsa production and idpa sap

I just had mine done by aa

This, you can install yourself. It looks intimidating but really isn't.

They look identical to the SP-01 Shadow thins safeties.

First is Rami, second is SP-01 Shadow thin:

post-17962-0-70425200-1433429277_thumb.j

post-17962-0-94379100-1433429285_thumb.p