Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

5.11 Tactical Range Ready bag

Clay1

Mine has held up great. I have gone to the range with it at least once every 2 weeks (if not more), several training courses (one class it got rained on all day), it has been thrown in the back of the pickup and every time I usually have it packed full.

Other than the dirt, the only real sign of wear is the small melted area when the muzzle of my AR got a bit too close to the bag when using the bag as a rest.

I can't complain about the bag, especially since I didn't have to pay for it :)

Jon

Edited by zen_grasshopper

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great product couldn't give it a higher recomendation. Ask me in two or three years how's it doing and I will have a better understanding of the valve of the bag.

Are you still using this bag? Has it held up?

The bag has been absolutely fantastic. I had beat the crap out of it and have overloaded many, many times with so much ammo thta I thought that the strap should have busted. One of the best investments that I have made in the hobby. Highly recomend still!

Shop around before you buy, there are some good deals available that are far from list price.

Rick

I've had my 5.11 bag for just over 2 years now and it's held up great. No noticeable wear at all.

What Clay said about shopping around is right. I think I got mine for around $69+shipping.

I got the smaller I-Shot bag and the mag pocket ripped open at the seam within a few months. This seam is located next to the shoulder strap connect point and gets a lot of stress. The nylon fabric at that seam appears not to have been seared properly and unraveled. I-Shot promply replaced the out bag for free, but the second one is beginning to opened up (rip) as well, although it seems to have stabilized and it may last for years in it's current damaged but quite usable condition. I think I'll get my money out of the I-Shot bag. It's a great bag for money and I-Shot has shown good customer service. That said I would go for the Shooter's Connection bag if I could come up with the $$.

Edited by Eager

• 2 months later...
Are you still using this bag? Has it held up?

SDM, you can check mine out soon. Just picked one up yesterday :goof:

I really like all the seperate pockets of the 5.11

It seems plenty rigid, with ample room B)

It is imported though. I guess that explains the price.

Nothing wrong with my I-Shot Pro. It was just getting tight

Edited by billdncn

I use the bag and like the layout, and I only paid $50.00 Canadian. My distributor was getting out of them - too many problems.

The tabs that hold the shoulder straps pulled out - they were tabs sewn in and the shoulder strap clips were pot metal and broke. My strap hardware broke and a friends bag had both problems.

I use the bag and like the layout, and I only paid $50.00 Canadian. My distributor was getting out of them - too many problems.

The tabs that hold the shoulder straps pulled out - they were tabs sewn in and the shoulder strap clips were pot metal and broke. My strap hardware broke and a friends bag had both problems.

I load my bag up with everything including the kitchen sink. 3 guns, 4 or 500 rounds of ammo, and just a ton of stuff. The straps have held up great for me. The thing is so heavy that when I walk with it I can't stand straight up. I still love mine.

Rick