Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Product idea...

dcloudy777

Okay bear with me, those of you who know me already know that I've shot a few too many matches without a helmet... but every once in a while I'll have a thought worth repeating.

I'm sitting here putting off practicing my shotgun reloads, and I start thinking about what a pain it is... spend a little time loading, a lot of time unloading, rinse, repeat. Tedious. Time consuming.

How about you uncrew your tube extension, take out the spring/follower, and screw on the NeverFull load practice device. It's an oversize cylinder that screws on the end of the tube, with stiff plastic "bristles", that put enough tension on the shells going through it to simulate spring pressure. But it's open on the end... as more shells go in, the shells at the end of the tube just drop out, hopefully into a bucket or some such. You just keep stuffing shells in. 50, 100, 200, whatever. No unloading, no fumbling with a shell release or jacking rounds through the gun, you just load. No complete mental "gear-shift" every 8-12 rounds, you just load.

Naturally, it wouldn't be a perfect simulation (no increasing tension, no magazine follower), but I think it would be close enough to bulid the correct muscle memory. I can see something like this easily doubling the number of "reps" you could get from a loading practice session.

Such a device exists! A small section of car heater hose split a bit and clamped on the the end of the tube. Plenty of drag to simulate spring pressure, and shells just keep dribbling out. My brother does this for his loading practice....I don't because I can unload through the loading port easily, but he is a lefty and it is harder for him.

Hose clamp and hose.....about 2.95.....enjoy!

Such a device exists! A small section of car heater hose split a bit and clamped on the the end of the tube. Plenty of drag to simulate spring pressure, and shells just keep dribbling out. My brother does this for his loading practice....I don't because I can unload through the loading port easily, but he is a lefty and it is harder for him.

Hose clamp and hose.....about 2.95.....enjoy!

I like it.

Any solution involving a hose clamp is worth looking into.

I made mine by cutting the end off a Nordic tube cap, then sliding a piece of inner tuber over the end... no hose clamps required :devil:

SG%20Load%20Practice%20Device%20001_zpsc

SG%20Load%20Practice%20Device%20002_zpsr

Does not really simulate the resistance of a magazine spring, but is a convenient way of getting a lot of practice in a short time.

Edited by StealthyBlagga

Do they have red necks in England?

What do you call them?

:devil:

Mick

PS - and before you ask, they are called Bogans in Australia....

I made mine by cutting the end off a Nordic tube cap, then sliding a piece of inner tuber over the end... no hose clamps required :devil:

SG%20Load%20Practice%20Device%20001_zpsc

SG%20Load%20Practice%20Device%20002_zpsr

Does not really simulate the resistance of a magazine spring, but is a convenient way of getting a lot of practice in a short time.

Edited by MickB

Do they have red necks in England?

What do you call them?

:devil:

Mick

PS - and before you ask, they are called Bogans in Australia....

The sun never shines long enough to make our necks red. I believe the nearest term would be either Chav (in the city) or Yokel (in the country) :roflol: