Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Welded Miculek Upside Down

diablodawg

Oh, simple. Just run the barrel extension shoulder on the barrel down another half thread pitch and cut the breech face and chamber the same amount. Redrill and install the index pin. Easy as pie.

:ph34r:

Won't the gas tube be on the bottom of barrel now? How will it mate with gas key?

Edited by mpom

Oh, simple. Just run the barrel extension shoulder on the barrel down another half thread pitch and cut the breech face and chamber the same amount. Redrill and install the index pin. Easy as pie.

:ph34r:

Won't the gas tube be on the bottom of barrel now? How will it mate with gas key?

Just what I was thinking, makes it much more complicated, then you'd have to fill in old hole and re-drill new gas hole, what was said earlier about drilling out and re-index I think is the most logical

I'm pretty sure Mr. RICKS was yanking upon a leg or two guys, hence the "thread Ninjas" at the bottom of his post.

lol, I completely over looked that, oops now I feel like an idiot for thinking he was serious haha

I'm pretty sure Mr. RICKS was yanking upon a leg or two guys, hence the "thread Ninjas" at the bottom of his post.

lol, I completely over looked that, oops now I feel like an idiot for thinking he was serious haha

:cheers:

• 2 weeks later...

I ended up using a dremel to enlarge the (now) top ports to larger than stock. It had noticeably less flip than before. I have another I will throw on my gun and compare. If anything, I now realize Miculeks are super easy to work on and not hardened like other comps. If my new one on a different rifle has flip, I won't hesitate to whip out the dremel. I will put up some pics once I get to the range.