Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hits on Non-Threat Plural

Jim Watson

Given the rather casual, and somewhat imprecise, use of the English language that has appeared in previous Rule Books this could definitely use an official clarification. Did they actually mean "each hit"?

Not that this "each hit" ruling would a bad thing .... I just have to wonder if that is what they actually intended.

4.14. "Each hit on a Non-Threat adds 5 seconds to the shooter's score "

Not sure if that could be any clearer. My AC also explained this to us as "Each Hit is 5 sec". There weren't any questions.

4.14. "Each hit on a Non-Threat adds 5 seconds to the shooter's score "

Not sure if that could be any clearer. My AC also explained this to us as "Each Hit is 5 sec". There weren't any questions.

I certainly agree with that. It is about as clear as it possibly could be..........and long overdue for a sport claiming to be defensively based. Just because you hit an innocent victim once surely doesn't suggest you should start spraying lead in all directions. This will add emphasis to accuracy over speed in certain situations and it should.

This is like it depends on what the definition of "is" is. Each hit on a non-threat is 5 seconds. Pretty clear statement!

Accuracy related changes include

1. each HIT counts

2. anyone with an HNT is not eligible for Most Accurate award

3. can have 1 HT per 2 threat targets now, rather than 1 per 3