Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G-35 and Bar-Sto

Tree Rat

Tree,

I don't have a drop in Bar-Sto to compare to --- but Bar-Sto built me a six inch upper for the G-21 using their barrel. It's the most accurate Glock I own, and locks up as tight as my 1911s. It scared me a little in the beginning --- I was convinced it was too tight to run reliably --- but that hasn't been the case.

I recommend them highly.......

I have both.

I have drop-in in one 34 and a fitted in the other. The drop in did require minor fitting, which Bar-Sto says may be the case. That was 5 years ago, they might not need it now....dunno.

Both are incredibly accurate, and both give an increase in velocity over the stock barrel.

They both lock the gun up very tight, but function perfectly.

I would not use a glock for a serious match that doesn't have a bar-sto.

Seth

I replaced my stock barrel with a Bar-sto:

Gunsmith fit, but I did it myself.

Didn't notice a significant difference in velocity...certainly not enough to need to change my powder drop to maintain a major power factor with a major match cushion.

Accuracy was much better than the stock barrel, but it was pretty much shot out I think anyway. That's why I replaced it. It had tons of rounds thru it before I bought the gun...then I put a bunch more thru it. Groups tightened up considerably with the Bar-sto.

Reliability was the same with both barrels. No problems whatsoever.

I have a Barsto for my G35 and the stock of course. The Barsto is a little bit more accurate and seems to be as reliable, but the velocity dropped about 20-25 fps with the Barsto compared to the stock barrel. One of the first times Ive seen the polygonal rifling make such a difference.

My matchgun (G35 ofcourse) has a fit in Barsto barrel.

The backup gun has the stockbarrel.

Both barrels have the accuracy that is required ,

i noticed the same as Kevin.

The velocity when shot through the stockbarrel is some 25 f/ps higher.

Greetings

Adrie