Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New STI DVC Open and Limited guns

Quack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not bored...anxious!

It's freakin Christmas Eve baby! We just need to know if we are waiting a week or a month! That much would help to ease the tendency to check this forum or call our dealers five times a day!

Well, maybe it would!

I do have a serious question for you Dustin. Will the DVC Limited .40 run factory ammo or will I need to have it sent back to be modified to do so? I heard that the Edge needed to run longer OAL ammo or be sent back to STI to be setup to also run factory ammo, which is what is making me question the DVC.

I wish I could give everyone the exact day every DVC will ship, but at this point I can only tell you we should see a good amount ship out towards the end of this month.

As far as I know they are built to run factory ammo.

This is going to be my next competition gun...even got the wife's permission!!!

This is going to be my wife's next competition gun...even got my permission!!!

And it will be her first own pistol ever ;) We reserved a DVC Open at the same day they were introduced. Yesterday she got her license to buy a pistol :D I hope these pistols will arrive to Finland soon. We have a very good importer/dealer so it will be shortly...

STI did a great job choosing the initial finish offerings. Not only does the TiNi/HC look great, but it should wear very well and hold resale value better than blued or painted finishes. I doubt many will want to further modify the slide or frame, so I don't see much of a downside to the HC. Slide and frame cuts suit my taste-just "racey" enough without going overboard. I'm #12 on Dawson's limited 9mm list, and have high hopes for the positive changes at STI. Dustin, I'm glad to hear you guys aren't rushing under delivery pressure. I'd rather have it right than fast. Currently waiting on my new P10 that went back for some TLC.

Dustin, I am hearing these may be shipping in the next two weeks, any truth to that?

end of Feb to the middle of March is what they are telling me....

So now the end of March?

thats better than may/june we have been told,like phm 14 said "I'd rather have it right than fast"

STI did a great job choosing the initial finish offerings. Not only does the TiNi/HC look great, but it should wear very well and hold resale value better than blued or painted finishes. I doubt many will want to further modify the slide or frame, so I don't see much of a downside to the HC. Slide and frame cuts suit my taste-just "racey" enough without going overboard. I'm #12 on Dawson's limited 9mm list, and have high hopes for the positive changes at STI. Dustin, I'm glad to hear you guys aren't rushing under delivery pressure. I'd rather have it right than fast. Currently waiting on my new P10 that went back for some TLC.

Nice, I'm #1 at Dawson's. Waiting for the call saying time to pay!

So maybe we can help each other find out where we are in regards to when we'll receive our new guns. For folks who ordered the DVC Limited gun when did you order and where did you order from and where are you on their list of orders?

February 9th

DVC Limited 40

Dawson Precision

No idea where I am on the list

Not bored...anxious!

It's freakin Christmas Eve baby! We just need to know if we are waiting a week or a month! That much would help to ease the tendency to check this forum or call our dealers five times a day!

Well, maybe it would!

I do have a serious question for you Dustin. Will the DVC Limited .40 run factory ammo or will I need to have it sent back to be modified to do so? I heard that the Edge needed to run longer OAL ammo or be sent back to STI to be setup to also run factory ammo, which is what is making me question the DVC.

Every sti I've had (eagle, executive, marauder, duty one) ran factory ammo just flawlessly. So set your mind at ease..... I think it only becomes a problem when you start modifying things...

keep you burgerhook off the bang switch until your peepers are on the hamburgler .......

So maybe we can help each other find out where we are in regards to when we'll receive our new guns. For folks who ordered the DVC Limited gun when did you order and where did you order from and where are you on their list of orders?

February 9th

DVC Limited 40

Dawson Precision

No idea where I am on the list

January 30th

DVC Limited 40

Dawson Precision

Also no idea where I am on the list