Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Refurbished XL-650

I sent my XL-650 back to Dillon just before Christmas for a refurbishment; I've had the press for about 16.5 years and I was starting to get a few feeding issues etc.

Well It just arrived back in a nice new box, and…..

IT LOOKS BRAND NEW !!!!

Hopefully I will get it set back up this evening.

Why can't I get my car serviced like this ?????

There's a packing slip that came with it and shows the Kits that they applied to the press, there are 21 items on the list that look like replacement parts. I think they go through the press and just replace anything that is broken or worn and then clean everything so it looks like it just rolled off the assembly line.

Cost was $77.95 plus the cost of shipping it to them (they cover the cost of shipping back to me).

Worth every penny in my opinion

Agreed, I picked up a XL650 at a local match about 3 years ago for $100.00, with a case feeder attached. The press had been sitting up for awhile so I sent it back to Dillon and as Paul says basically got a new press back. You got to love Dillon :)

I've no idea how many rounds I have loaded, I don't get to shoot as much as I would like so its probably not as much as some people have.

I sent mine on 16th December, it arrived at Dillon on 19th and I just got it back today, I think they said 10 working days when I called to get an RA number for the refurbishment, but this was over the Christmas period so the extra days were expected.

We charge a fixed fee to perform a clean and lube service. This entails a total disassembly, scrubbing everything in the solvent tank, then inspecting all parts. Worn or damaged parts are replaced, then the machines is lubed, reassembled, and necessary adjustments are made.

Agreed, I picked up a XL650 at a local match about 3 years ago for $100.00, with a case feeder attached. The press had been sitting up for awhile so I sent it back to Dillon and as Paul says basically got a new press back. You got to love Dillon :)

You gotta love whoever sold you that press for $100!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I just have to give a huge thanks to Dillon for excellent customer service!

I couldn't figure out why my case slider was coming off the platform (or about to) and after two calls to Dillon I sent the press back (after about four years of use). Turns out they replaced a lot more parts than what I thought was needed, but hey, they are the experts. I got my 650 back in about 15 days (I wasn't in any hurry) and it is like new again!

I looked back and was slightly off.

I also purchased some kind of small upgrade that added about 12 dollars.

The total was $402, including the $49 refurb fee and the small upgrade (whatever it was).

Parts totaled $341.

Here's what I bought for $100 and sent in:

dillon1.jpg

Here's what I got back:

dillon2.jpg

I think the only thing I got back that I sent in was the frame and the handle. Everything else was brand new.

Here's the invoice. The $61.10 is what I sent to them.

dillon3.jpg

The 550 now sits between a 1050 on the left and a 650 on the right.

PB170011.JPG

Edited by Mr. Chitlin