Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Acurate #7 for 9mm

obiwankabaldi

Looking at the load data for Acurate #7 for 9mm and I see extreme gr. differences. From 3's to 7's. Seems odd range. I am currently loading Montana Gold 124 gr. CMJ at 1.140 OAL with 4.4 gr Bullseye and getiting good results. However I have a few pounds of the #7 and with powder being scarce would like ot use the #7. Any of you have good established load data for this combo or advice against using it. . Thanks

I'm using it for my 9 minor loads in ESP/Limited and here is the load data I use from the manufacturer. Currently using 147 grn RN Xtremes at 1.160 OAL with 5.8 grns of No.7 or 124 grn RN Xtremes at 1.160 OAL and 6.8 grn No.7.

vpsIXjm.png

Edited by EdwinG

More data: The load table up there lacks any data for 135 grn lead coated (Bear Creek Bullets) so I called up Western Powders and here is what they recommend.

9mm Parabellum (9mm Luger, 9x19)
Barrel: 4" ¦ Twist: 1-10" ¦ Primer: WIN WSP ¦ Bullet Diameter: 0.355"
Case: WIN ¦ Max Case Length: 0.754 " ¦ Trim Length: 0.749"
Accurate No. 7
Start 6.8gr at 958fps a max of 7.5gr at 1089fps 1.095” OAL

My most accurate 124gr 9mm load is #7. I use 7.7 grains (lucky 7's eh?). I don't use it for gaming as it has more flip and a little dirty (particles).

Same here , most accurate load I ever found for my M&P 9 , 7.7 gr. AA#7 with Zero 124JHP. But also as mentioned in these post lots of flip, blast, and a tad dirty. Never used it for gaming.

Ya, for gaming I use 4.2gr of VV N320 behind a Montana Gold 124gr HP. I've been shooting 4-4.1 behind a Blue Bullet 125 gr. Clays also works pretty good too, but it's not as accurate in my CZs for whatever reason. I just picked up a pound of e3 to try since some people on this forum talk it up. Time will tell....maybe there will be a big container of N320 come in from Finland the day hour minute second I'm on Powder Valley's website.