Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Well I did it....can't wait:-)

After reloading .223, 9mm and 38wcf on a very old Lee turret reloader (I'm the third owner) for five years I have just put my order in with Brianenos for a new XL650 with case feeder in 9mm.I will order the .223 Deluxe caliber conversion in a couple of months but will still reload the 38wcf on the old press do to the fact trail boss powder does not meter very well,and I only load about 500-600 rounds a year.

Have you tried Trailboss in the dillon powder measures?

I just loaded up about 2500 38specials with trailboss on a 1050 and the powder drop seemed pretty consistent with what I have seen in other powders. I think I was seeing maybe .3 -difference over 10 drops

Good going, and congrats!

Make sure to look through this forum for various upgrades and improvements, they make HUGE difference, and cost virtually nothing.

Things like the primer chute, and the three of my personal favorites: foam tape on the handle, foam insulation on the front edge of the bullet tray, and the support leg.

They make the operation much more smooth and enjoyable.

I too am watching my Fed Ex tracking number like a 7 year old child. I previously had a 650 with several pistol calibers (divorce is expensive) and cant see buying anything else. Thanks to a great family I am waiting on the Fed Ex guy like you. Congratulations!

PkSpawn I'll have to try the trailboss on the Dillon after I save up for more caliber conversions.

Thanks all I've been reading the forum off and on all day now my head is swimming from all the posts and comments.I'll start again tomorrow. Never seen so many helpful people thank you all.

Congrats on the new press. An XL650 is really good at two things: making great ammo quickly and emptying a bank account. I got mine in August and now $100+/- blue things seem to show up at my doorstep regularly. I think I'm up to five quick changes and caliber conversions....9mm, 40, 45acp, 223, 38/357, 22TCM....nope, that's six.

Enjoy!!