Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

my range buddy

roby

well heres what i consider the most important thing to take to the range. because im so slow, i distract others with him and they shoot unprepared. i know its evil..but its my advantage.

mr bubbles

sti0191cj.jpg

Presa canario as in the infamous San Francisco second-degree-murder. :(

bane and hera aka the sf maulers were two examples of dogs that were deprived and beaten. all they knew was pain. it was natural that those dogs would be aggressive to humanity/ppl who have shown them nothing but pain. owned by a white supremacist raised to be vicious and aggressive towards others. their fate was sealed as soon as they were sold. the owner planned on breeding them and selling the offspring to other radical groups.

...i dont think my bubbles is anything like that. all he wants to do is run to ppl and lick them. ;)

Nice dog! But not nice ears!!! Cutting the ears is senseless and painful for the dog!!! In Germany (where I come from) this kind of "treatment" is forbidden. Although I´m not a friend of restrictions this ban makes sense to me.

No dog is dangerous from birth on. Man makes dog violent and dangerous....

I know a lot of bullterriers and some bullmastiffs you are in no way dangerous!

Nice dog, and I do hope you raise him right. I've never met one in person, but I'd like to.

I worked a claim once where the owner had and had owned several Presa's in the past. He gave me a copy of a Presa association newsletter. As a lifetime dog owner, I was thoroughly pissed off. Things like the mauling were nearly praised in this rag.

Nice dog! But not nice ears!!! Cutting the ears is senseless and painful for the dog!!! In Germany (where I come from) this kind of "treatment" is forbidden. Although I´m not a friend of restrictions this ban makes sense to me.

No dog is dangerous from birth on. Man makes dog violent and dangerous....

I know a lot of bullterriers and some bullmastiffs you are in no way dangerous!

somewhat odd. the ppl in europe forbidding ear crops allow for tail docking? the ear crop is part of the standard for the breed. it should be preserved. i am pretty sure that once the surgery is over, the pain will subside after the healing process.if it did not, then i think the dogs would have formed a union by now.

...i dont think my bubbles is anything like that. all he wants to do is run to ppl and lick them.

I can vouch for Mr. Bubbles. I had the pleasure of playing with him at a local match that I wasn't shooting. He was very friendly.

His markings are really cool. I think a broadside pic would show them better. He looks like he is going to grow into a BIG dog.

-Vincent

Hi roby,

NO! In Germany cutting ears AND tails is forbidden!!!

NO! Cutting ears is very painful because most of the breeders who do that don´t take their dogs under anesthesia! Cropping is done when the dog is very young. Have you heard a jung puppy crying because it´s ears were cut of with no anesthesia? I have ....!

And: What is cropping good for???? God gave them ears! Why cropping them??? The dog won´t become healthier, faster, bigger, prettier (!), stronger ....

Standard:

Some dogs may have have cropped ears (presa canario, mastino nepalitano, american staffordshire, ..) some don´t have cropped ears (dogue de bordeaux, mastiff, bullmastiff, staffordshire bullterrier, fila brasileiro ...). So there is no reason why to crop one race and don´t crop the other!?!?!?

The standards are often not good for the health of the dogs (german shepard: great back problems!!!). For me, the standard is not "a law"!

Hi roby,

NO! In Germany cutting ears AND tails is forbidden!!!

NO! Cutting ears is very painful because most of the breeders who do that don´t take their dogs under anesthesia! Cropping is done when the dog is very young. Have you heard a jung puppy crying because it´s ears were cut of with no anesthesia? I have ....!

And: What is cropping good for???? God gave them ears! Why cropping them??? The dog won´t become healthier, faster, bigger, prettier (!), stronger ....

Standard:

Some dogs may have have cropped ears (presa canario, mastino nepalitano, american staffordshire, ..) some don´t have cropped ears (dogue de bordeaux, mastiff, bullmastiff, staffordshire bullterrier, fila brasileiro ...). So there is no reason why to crop one race and don´t crop the other!?!?!?

The standards are often not good for the health of the dogs (german shepard: great back problems!!!). For me, the standard is not "a law"!

when i say standard, i dont mean show standard. organizations such as the akc is a good way to bastardize a breed. my refrence to standard is to the canary island standard. even the earliest pictures showed a canario w/ cropped ears. it is this spanish standard i speak of. in europe this may be appaling. we had his ears cropped at the vet, under anethesia. the places where backyard cropping and docking is most prevalent are in those places where it is forbiden. its like anything else, just like the drug problem in the US, in areas where drugs are prohibited, the problem is tripled. restricting things causes the populous to go around and do it regardless. back to our subject, so is the case w/ the cropping and docking. i dont think my puppy feels the effects of his ear cropping now. to each is his own.

heres a side shot

sti0097ze.jpg

sti0123qs.jpg

"bane and hera aka the sf maulers were two examples of dogs that were deprived and beaten. all they knew was pain. it was natural that those dogs would be aggressive to humanity/ppl who have shown them nothing but pain. owned by a white supremacist raised to be vicious and aggressive towards others. their fate was sealed as soon as they were sold. the owner planned on breeding them and selling the offspring to other radical groups."
...and some people treat their KIDS this way then wonder why they turn out to be psychopathic killers and other miserable things!

On the other hand, an acquaintance of mine had a decent pit bull at one point, and when I was introduced to her the thing just leaned all over me and wanted to be petted (I was eager to oblige)... the owners said, "Wow, she doesn't do that with just EVERYBODY!!" Well, I liked the dog right from the start and I imagine the dog KNEW that, so... leaned all over me and wanted to be petted. Which I did for some many minutes, she was so cool. B)

Like he has a choice there ... The dog will be well fed one way or another. Plus these "mean" dogs make the most amazing "I'm starving" faces I have ever seen. My American Bulldog has made my mother cry, I kid you not. She stayed with us for a couple of weeks and I had to put the foot down on her feeding him all the time and she burst into tears saying that she just couldnt stand to see him with that suffering face on.

Oh yeah .. nice doggie ..

I also don't get the ear crop thing but at long as it is done in a painless matter I don't care all that much. I just think a floppy ears are better looking and they take some of the "mean" away from the looks of the dog. Given all the bull about the bull breeds and mastiffs, I am of the opinion that anything that makes people actually think rather then react to news reports is usefull so no ear cropping for my dogs.

odin-couch.JPG

I'm not a dog lover or owner, and I agree that most dogs behavior is conditioned by their upbringing and how they are trained and treated. On the other hand, I think it's disingenuous to maintain that there aren't at least some dogs that are just inherently vicious. There are psychos in just about every mammal species that can think or mimic thinking, and some of them are born and not made.

Given that, the doggie pictured above is nice looking. I think it needs a saddle!

My favorite dog is still 3QT's pooch, BB ... mostly because she locked him out of his car, but also because she is just a very loveable animal.

BigDave's dogs like me a little too much. I finally had to realize I wasn't going to win and allowed the little one to lay on me while I was there, while at the same time playing dog-slobber-soaked-tennis-ball fetch with the larger. A guy has to know when he'd defeated from the start. One on one, I might have a chance, but the two of them are relentless.

My friends new Beagle used to hump everyone's leg till he got him fixed :(

The vet put a satellite dish on his head now he looks like a walking flashlight.

Seeing Mr. Bubbles makes me want to get a dog. Don't have a suitable yard right now, wouldn't want the dog to go destructo in my house.

"Seeing Mr. Bubbles makes me want to get a dog. Don't have a suitable yard right now, wouldn't want the dog to go destructo in my house."

Second that. Mr. Bubbles is a fine looking puppy. If the presa breed is anything like the masifs I have met, he will have a fine personality. As for the cutting thing, I might not choose to do it, but if done without cruelty I think its really up to the dog's owner since its his/her property & I believe the government should keep their nose out of a citizen's private affairs. Besides, for the presa breed, it appears to be an old Spanish custom. Regards,

C.