Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

relevance of top protrusion/tit on cz barrel?

Adam B

What is the relevance of the top tit (for the lack of a better term) on back/top of the barrel hood?

Are you referring to the one right above the chamber on the end of the barrel? half moon shaped looking protuberance? If so that part coincides with a half moon shaped recess in the top of the breach face and provides clearance for the case rim when the barrel locks up, preventing the case from being crushed by the chamber. If you drop a round in the chamber of the barrel when removed, you will see that the "tit" is roughly even with the primer face of the case.

What is the relevance of the top tit (for the lack of a better term) on back/top of the barrel hood?

Are you referring to the one right above the chamber on the end of the barrel? half moon shaped looking protuberance? If so that part coincides with a half moon shaped recess in the top of the breach face and provides clearance for the case rim when the barrel locks up, preventing the case from being crushed by the chamber. If you drop a round in the chamber of the barrel when removed, you will see that the "tit" is roughly even with the primer face of the case.

I thought this was the purpose of it but my 40 barrel is either short chambered or it isnt the purpose because my 40 case sticks out past it.